Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 28, 2011, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dronit View Post
    I work for the UN 'United nations' so i don't have a perminant base.

Yes i do no what your talking about
    I'm guessing you don't know about Appalachia or Pine Ridge.

So your main problem is with U.S. spending.

And you equate the word "poor" in that Bible passage as meaning financial poverty.
    dronit Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2011, 09:21 PM
    Appalachia is a term used to describe a cultural region in the eastern United States that stretches from the Southern Tier of New York state to northern Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia.[1] While the Appalachian Mountains stretch from Belle Isle in Canada to Cheaha Mountain in the U.S. state of Alabama, the cultural region of Appalachia typically refers only to the central and southern portions of the range. As of 2005, the region was home to approximately 23 million people.[2]
    Since its recognition as a distinctive region in the late 19th century, Appalachia has been a source of enduring myths and distortions regarding the isolation, temperament, and behavior of its inhabitants. Early 20th-century writers focused on sensationalistic aspects of the region's culture, such as moonshining and clan feuding, and often portrayed the region's inhabitants as uneducated and prone to impulsive acts of violence. Sociological studies in the 1960s and 1970s helped to deconstruct these stereotypes, although popular media continued to perpetuate the image of Appalachia as a culturally backward region into the 21st century.

So what point are you trying to make wondergirl, pleae inliten me?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 28, 2011, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dronit View Post
    Appalachia is a term used to describe a cultural region in the eastern United States that stretches from the Southern Tier of New York state to northern Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia.[1]
    You Google well.

What does the word "poor" mean in that Bible passage? Poor financially or poor in a different way?

One can live in abject poverty but be wealthy in other ways.

Jun 28, 2011, 10:25 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Yes I did just Google it and read what the term was.
    But you have just shown your contridiction as you were using this to make a point. It states that the socilogical study discredited the view of the area as a stero type. So the whole '3rd world contry' not being as poor as 'american projects' is still a fars.

Yes I think the US spending is sickening (milatry budget for example) and the term being poor is financial.

Of course you can be poor in spirit (your mood, or deprest) But that still does not trackle the problem of starvation, while the world produces food just be thrown away. Food wasage and distribution of food is the main problem.
    Not your homelss friend in wondergirls library who is happy.

Ow if he's happy then clearly world hunger isn't a prblem at all... der

Jun 28, 2011, 10:26 PM
    Yes I did just Google it and read what the term was.
    But you have just shown your contridiction as you were using this to make a point. It states that the socilogical study discredited the view of the area as a stero type. So the whole '3rd world contry' not being as poor as 'american projects' is still a fars.

Yes I think the US spending is sickening (milatry budget for example) and the term being poor is financial.

Of course you can be poor in spirit (your mood, or deprest) But that still does not trackle the problem of starvation, while the world produces food just be thrown away. Food wasage and distribution of food is the main problem.
    Not your homelss friend in wondergirls library who is happy.

Ow if he's happy then clearly world hunger isn't a prblem at all... der
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 28, 2011, 10:39 PM

And you believe what you read in Wikipedia? Have you been to
    Appalachia or Pine Ridge?

And the homeless man didn't go to soup kitchens for food.

I'm trying to figure out what your native language is, but I'm not quite there yet. Ah, well. It's time to roll around in my roomful of money.

Jun 28, 2011, 10:51 PM

Logging, Coal mining, Manufacturing all industrys in appalachia. And yes I believe what I read on wika pedia as it was infomative. You can read about the social study yourself.

Do you think world hunger isn't a problem?

If the homeless man doen't eat in the soup kitchen where does he eat, out of bins or from hand outs.
    The point is he is homeless and does have the option of eating and using the library. I'd be happy to.
    But some people don't have that option.

So yes roll about in your room full of money... Gues that what makes it easyer not to see world hunger as aproblem.

And why are you so bothered what my native routes are, it shouldn't make a diferace unless you are racist.

Jun 28, 2011, 10:52 PM
    Logging, Coal mining, Manufacturing all industrys in appalachia. And yes I believe what I read on wika pedia as it was infomative. You can read about the social study yourself.

Do you think world hunger isn't a problem?

If the homeless man doen't eat in the soup kitchen where does he eat, out of bins or from hand outs.
    The point is he is homeless and does have the option of eating and using the library. I'd be happy to.
    But some people don't have that option.

So yes roll about in your room full of money... Gues that what makes it easyer not to see world hunger as aproblem.

And why are you so bothered what my native routes are, it shouldn't make a diferace unless you are racist.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2011, 06:32 AM
    Hey I thought this Site didn't allow you to post duplicates
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2011, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Hey I thought this Site didn't allow you to post duplicates
    This site hiccups like any other website.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 29, 2011, 07:37 AM

I'm a language enthusiast and grammar expert, so was trying to figure out from your way of spelling English words and your phrasing what your native language and country of origin are.

Jun 29, 2011, 09:35 AM
    Yes I read your profile you stae that yo are an expert at every thing. Der be der

Jun 29, 2011, 09:40 AM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    Sorry didn't know if I wrote in the coments it went straight to the person privately or if it was posted on the forum. Will avoide doing that again.

Jun 29, 2011, 09:44 AM
    You seem more bothered about atacking me then answering any of the points I have made.
    Don't worry protecting your infated ego is obivously more inportant. I can tell by your usase of langage that you are getting quite anoied. Don't have to be an expert to figure that one out. So either answer some of my points, or carry on your verbal atack. I only find it amusing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Card for people with poor credit [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best major credit card for people with a poor credit score? I am trying to repair my credit, I just paid off my delinquent accounts, and I read that having an active major credit card is a way to begin the repair process.. Thank you

Poor people owning dogs. [ 32 Answers ]

Here's a question that I'll ask in it's most simple form: How do we all feel about poor people owning dogs?

To the people who have poor bus manners? [ 3 Answers ]

I never understand why people on the bus or train never use their brains,much less manners to exit out the back door of the bus? Why are you going to squeeze your smelly body through a crowd of people just to go out the front door? Come on people! Can anyone relate?

View more questions Search