Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

Jun 2, 2011, 05:17 AM
    Life
    Hello,

We who live life can suffer many problems, and our life is about 70 years or maybe a little longer. It makes me wonder what life is all about. What is it's purpose if all we do is get born, live a short time and die? Can anyone explain that?

Peace,
    Hope12
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 06:50 AM

No matter our circumstances, we're here to love God and love each other.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 07:00 AM

Since this isn't on any of the religious boards I'm going to say that we are here to make a difference in someone's life.

Our purpose isn't to "get born, live a short time and die," but rather to make a difference. Help others, be kind and generous, etc.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2011, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope12 View Post
    What is it's purpose if all we do is get born, live a short time and die? Can anyone explain that?
    Hello Hope:

I've explained it before... I think you want JUSTIFICATION for your religions beliefs. I don't have any of that...

As intelligent as we are, our purpose here is NO different than a worms. That is to propagate the species... If we DIDN'T do that, all the religion in the world won't make us last.

I know you'd like to make us MORE important, in terms of our "purpose" than a worm, but we aren't.

excon
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    I know you'd like to make us MORE important, in terms of our "purpose" than a worm, but we aren't.
    Dear excon:

But... but... but do worms love each other unconditionally?

With unconditional love,
    WG
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2011, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    but do worms love each other unconditionally?
    Hello again, WG:

I think they do. But, they don't hafta. You can propagate without love.

excon

PS> To my friend, Hope: If you'd like me to stop posting on your threads, I will. I have a feeling that I upset you, and I don't want to do that.

Jun 2, 2011, 08:51 AM
    Hello J9,

Thank you for your respectful answer. I too believe we are here to make a difference in somebody else's life.
    Many have not learned how to treat others with respect, kindness and love, yet they speak about love but have not yet learned what it means.

Thank you again for your reply.

Peace,Hope12

Jun 2, 2011, 09:10 AM
    Hello Econ,

I've explained it before... I think you want JUSTIFICATION for your religions beliefs. I don't have any of that...

As intelligent as we are, our purpose here is NO different than a worms. That is to propagate the species... If we DIDN'T do that, all the religion in the world won't make us last.

PS> To my friend, Hope: If you'd like me to stop posting on your threads, I will. I have a feeling that I upset you, and I don't want to do that.
    First, I never get upset over what another person states, it't just their opinion and we are all entitleed to our opinion!

Second, this question is not religious, it is a general question. No one needs to justify my religion, it stands on it's own.

Also as to us being compared to worms is ridiculous. I like to think of humans as higher then worms.

As to commenting on any of my threads, please feel free to post all you want to, I always enjoy hearing from you. As least you post replies, some on here don't!

Eace,
    Hope12
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Jun 2, 2011, 03:57 PM

The purpose of my life is to learn, love and be loved, experience, endure, enjoy, care, share, teach others - if only through my mistakes, make a little difference where I can, and to do what I can to help my children lead their own fulfilling lives.

Up to you what the purpose of your life is.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 04:26 PM

Hope, we are better then worms. We don't sizzle and die in the sunlight when it rains. :)

I can't speak for all mankind, I can only speak for myself. My purpose in life is to be a good mother, raise two great human beings that will hopefully raise more wonderful human beings.

I would love to leave a mark. I think I have, on this site. I am a survivor of childhood molestation. I lost both of my wonderful parents to cancer, and I'm active in the cause to find a cure. I live each day like it's my last, because I know that life can be short. I make funiture, I paint, I live my life as best I can.

I hope that others are doing the same, on their terms. That's really all we can hope for. :)

Jun 3, 2011, 03:59 AM
    Hello Altenweg,

I too strife to be a good mother, even though my children are grown, they still come to me for advice. As to leaving 0ur mark in this world, I feel we all do by the way we live our life and how we treat others.

I am sorry to hear of your parents death from Cancer. The fact that you use your time and effort in trying to find a cure, is a fine way ,to use your life. I too have lost ones to Cancer. I look forward one day when they do find a cure. Until then, may we all make our mark in this world by our fine conduct and by helping all those we can.

Peace,
    Hope12

Jun 3, 2011, 06:06 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    True that is part of it!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 3, 2011, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope12 View Post
    Hello Altenweg,

I too strife to be a good mother, even though my children are grown, they still come to me for advice. As to leaving 0ur mark in this world, I feel we all do by the way we live our life and how we treat others.

I am sorry to hear of your parents death from Cancer. The fact that you use your time and effort in trying to find a cure, is a fine way ,to use your life. I too have lost ones to Cancer. I look forward one day when they do find a cure. Until then, may we all make our mark in this world by our fine conduct and by helping all those we can.

Peace,
    Hope12
    I hope to live to see the cure for cancer. :)

Sadly, I doubt there's one person on this earth that doesn't know at least one person that died from cancer, or who's suffering and surviving this terrible disease. I lost both my parents to the disease, and my husbands parents both died from cancer as well. We're not leaving a great genetic blueprint for our kids. The facts are, both of us and our kids will likely die of cancer. It's in our genes.

I do what I can. It's not a lot, I do the cancer walks, try to collect donations for the cause, wear my pink ribbon during breast cancer month, etc. etc. I wish I could do more. My finances aren't such that I contribute out of pocket, but I do what I can. :)
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2011, 06:36 PM

It is about whatever you want it to be. It is LIFE! And should be cherished in your own way.
    It should never be taken for granted and never taken lightly... because it could be gone tomorrow.:(
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 5, 2011, 01:42 PM

Life is like a jigsaw puzzle, but you don't have the picture on the front of the box to know what it's supposed to look like.

Sometimes, you're not even sure if you've got all the pieces.

Stringer
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2011, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Life is like a jigsaw puzzle, but you don't have the picture on the front of the box to know what it's supposed to look like.

Sometimes, you're not even sure if you've got all the pieces.

Stringer
    I'm missing a corner piece. It is part of a chimney, sort of brick red with gray grout. Do you have it?
    Business Expert

Jun 5, 2011, 02:53 PM

I see all and know all things. Check under the sheets.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Check under the sheets.
    Only cracker crumbs there.
    Business Expert

Jun 5, 2011, 03:04 PM

Check the cat's liter box then... :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2011, 03:11 PM
    Check the cat's liter box then.... :)
    (Are we hijacking this thread?)

I've looked everywhere. I think you have it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My life seems to not change... I feel depressed or stressed in life. [ 2 Answers ]

I've been feeling sad, lonely... Food isn't catching my interest anymore. I have a daughter, times I don't notice her happiness. I don't smile nor laugh anymore. Before I met my ex-boyfriend, I was blissful. Now, as of lately I could careless of my happiness. I notice this was a problem for quiet...

I lost the love of my life, my life doesn't make sense anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I lost mybestfriend and love of my life 2 weeks ago and I don't understand my lifes purpose anymore, we had a connection so strong this doesn't make sense, everything I did in my over the past 22 years was for me however the constant knowing we would be together, we had 3 years to go before...

View more questions Search