Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    themisfitkitten Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

May 31, 2011, 09:32 AM
    Ahh-ahh-ahh Song
    This is so little to go on, I'm WELL aware of that... :( I was at the lake this weekend and there was a dad and his little son fishing across the way. They started playing some song semi-loud, but all that carried over the water was in the chorus, a female vocalizing: "Ahhh-aaahhh-ahhhh [and then some other words]." It had an almost Indian or Egyptian sound to the melody. I've tried finding it by Googling the aaahhh part, but haven't found anything yet... I don't think it is DJ Cammy, The Ting Tings, or... some rapper guy, I forget now. I just would swear I heard it or something like it before, and now it's just been kind of bugging me. Anyone?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 31, 2011, 09:35 AM
    The problem is that we can't hear the inflections and tune in the "Ahhh-aaahhh-ahhhh".
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

May 31, 2011, 09:38 AM

Did it sound like Bollywood music? Did it have more of a traditional Indian/Egyptian sound to it? Was it fast/slow/ballad/etc?

I'm not sure I could figure it out for you, but maybe with a few more details someone around here will have a better idea.

May 31, 2011, 10:00 AM
    NeedKarma--I realize that and I apologize for not explaining this better. I had hoped to be able to simply Google the lyrics, but it seems that most other people have also had this trouble with the at least 46 other songs I could find listed. Knowing this going in--I should have saved myself the trouble and tried to include this info from the first time around. :(

SouthAmerica--The first Ahh is at the highest note and the next two drop down in about one octave increments. It's at a sort of medium pace... maybe a two-count on each of those three notes. I am not quite sure what Bollywood music sounds like, though I'll be looking it up to be sure. And I'm not certain that Indian/Egyptian is correct, but it really has that "feel." I got the impression of notes being played on a snake charmer's pipe. I would say the tempo was almost like a mid-speed R&B song.. Definitely not very slow or fast, and I couldn't pick out a lot of other background music... so I'm not SURE if there was much else to it. All I really was catching was "aahh-ahh-ahhh I'm gonna come over"--and those last four words are likely NOT what was being sung, that's just about the number of syllables I could discern.

Jun 1, 2011, 05:10 AM
    Having looked up Bollywood music... yes, it could have been that. It seemed to have a more modern sound than traditional music. I get the "snake charmer" sound by hearing that traditional, stereotypical nasal recorder tune... if you were to hum that, the third through fifth notes (not in brackets) pretty accurately represent the tone of the Ahh's. [doo-Doo-]DOO-Doo-doo-[do-doo-Doo-DOO-Doo-doo-do] lol... that's my syllabic snake charmer music. ;)

I'm not very sure I'll ever figure this out, I'll just have to have the luck of either hearing it again or someone recognizing it. It was such a strange place to have anyone playing that type of music that I just wonder if it's only my interpretation saying it was Hindi/Egyptian/etc. Skynrd or Tim McGraw would be more likely!
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jun 1, 2011, 06:56 AM

Best of luck figuring it out! I know how frustrating it is to really want to find a song like that :)
    dday123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2011, 11:59 AM
    What is it D: I say it was a dude with the name satring with r and my cousin changed the damn channel

Oct 7, 2011, 03:23 PM
    Dday--if you end up hearing something like that again, try and keep your cousin from changing the channel! ;) If you catch a name or song title for it, let me know and I can try looking it up. I will definitely post the answer here if I ever find out.

-tmk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark hairr ahh [ 6 Answers ]

OK so recently I died my hair a permanent "medium brown" and it came out prettty dark. I don't want to bleach it but what is the best way to make the color fade a little bit faster?! Thaanks guys:)

Friend, bragging, ahh. I'm going through hell here. [ 7 Answers ]

My best friend keeps bragging about her cottage, her period, her trailor, her dog, hot guys, her brother. She's my best friends, I don't want to hurt her, what should I do now?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad:

Ahh how much longer? And natural births? [ 23 Answers ]

So on Friday I had a doctors appointment where I learned I am (or was) 3 cm, 60% effaced, and at +1 almost +2 station. Those next 7 cm seem so small, but so far away! THen I had an ultrasound and we saw I was having contractions, (poor baby as getting squished) so I was put on the monitors and...

Ahh... [ 8 Answers ]

A little concerned. I have not been keeping track of my periods recently; but they always come abound like clock work! However I cannot remember when my last period was and I am fretting as I don't know if I am late or not? I am usually pretty good and can always relate my periods to a...

Ahh [ 2 Answers ]

ahhh me and this guy I like hung out over the weekend and I mean I really like him and he says he likes me bak but for now were just friends and we tell each other everything and he really likes my best friend and she likes him ((everyone likes her and she doesn't think so)) she is the kind of...

View more questions Search