Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pcumming Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Honeywell Chronotherm IV Plus Honeywell Thermostat, T8624D
    Honeywell Deluxe Programmable Multistage Thermostat, #T8624D
    Chronotherm IV Plus

I have 2 of above thermostats and have had for about 5 years. It takes no batteries and is directly connected to a 24 volt source.

Have one upstairs and one downstairs.

Have noticed at times that the LCD on BOTH the upstairs and downstairs has gong blank. Never at same time though. LCD may go out on upstairs but not downstairs.

If I re-seat it on wall mount bracket (thermostat flips up and then comes off wall bracket)
    Then LCD usually comes back on.

Today it did not come back on for the upstairs unit.

I then took the downstairs Thermo and put on upstairs bracket and it worked.

So it appears that the upstairs thermo is bad, right?

However, I took upstairs thermo and put on downstairs bracket and it came back on...
    Strange...

So then I put them back in their respective places and all was fine.

Go figure...

Ideas??

Again like I said if one LCD goes off the other is on. They never go off at same time. So I can rule out the power source.

Thanks so much
    Perplexing?

Peter
    Charlotte, NC
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2007, 09:51 AM
    It sounds like there is a loose connection either in the sub bases or at the furnace. Typically when those stats go bad they just go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell thermostat [ 11 Answers ]

I installed a Honeywell CT87A 4447 thermostat this summer. It worked fine with my air conditioning, but I am having a problem with it controlling my furnace. It will turn the furnace on and I can turn the fan on manually, but when set to auto the fan does not come on. The thermostat has the...

Honeywell thermostat t8624d [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all I am replacing my old round honeywell thermostat with a t8624d. The wires coming out of the wall are red white green yellow purple (blue). Unfortunately my son disconnected to old one so I have no comparison to go by. My furnace is gas with no air conditioner. Can any one help with the...

Wiring a Honeywell Chronotherm IV [ 3 Answers ]

What size wiring do you use for a thermostat? I need to move one from an exterior wall to an interior one. Also, any tips on fishing wires through insulation? Bringing it up the wall and over suspended ceiling and down another wall.

Honeywell t8624d wiring [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to replace my old honeywell thermostat with a new Honeywell t8624d Chronotherm IV. My old thermostat is the round turning type. I just want to use my new one for a 1 zone heat in basement. There is a red and white wire coming out of the wall. The red is going to the valve and the white...

Common Wire on Honeywell T8624D Chronotherm [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing two White-Rodgers thermostats, one heating and one cooling with a Honeywell T8624D heating/cooling thermostat. I have three wires coming from the cooling thermostat (W, R & G) and 2 wires for heating coming from the transformer located in the wall at the thermostat which are both...

View more questions Search