Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nokiaj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2011, 08:23 AM
    Can I write a letter to the judge for an extension of time to pay my restitution.
    Can I write a letter to the judge for an extension of time to pay my restitution. My probationary period is almost up but I still owe thousands of dollars in restitution. I was supposed to have deferred adjuducation - but they have it on my record which has prohibited me from getting a good paying job. I have had odd jobs here and there which barely paid anything. I got grants for college and have been going, as well as I just landed a full time job, where I can pay more back on the restitution.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 31, 2011, 05:05 PM

Talk to your PO about this. They should be able to ask for an extension for you to finish paying off your restitution. In the meantime it must be paid in full before you can continue on with your life. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens if I can't pay restitution? My restitution is $500,000 , 4,200 a month [ 3 Answers ]

I went to court and in court they asked for restitution in the amount of $500,000, in court the judge said no she couldn't grant it, there was no way I could pay that unless I won the lottery. Well I go to jail get my probation papers and the restitution is on there I'm ordered to pay the 500,000...

Example letter to write to judge for someone who violates probation [ 3 Answers ]

What is an example of how to write a letter to a judge for someone who voilated probation

How do you write a letter of dismissal of hearning to a judge for disability [ 1 Answers ]

How do you write a letter of dismissal of hearning to a judge for disability

I need to write a letter of responsibility to a judge. But have no idea . [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am tasked with composing a letter of responsibility to a judge. My children were taken due to some poor decisions I made , personal tragdy , decisions made by other people , circumstances beyound my control. This letter is a step to a reunion three years over due. I have had 2 years...

How do you write a letter to a judge about someone in jail [ 4 Answers ]

How do you write a letter to a judge about someone in jail that has been denied work release, but wants to get work release?

View more questions Search