Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2011, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Nope ...would prefer to make my commerce directly with the doctor.
    I did not set up the private or public insurance system. I know that I don't need it to pay for routine care .... only for catastrophic care . But I'm not given that choice either .
    The biggest problem with the private insurance system however is not the insurance companies ...it is the mandates they operate under. How can I shop around when all health insurance in my State requires the same coverage ? Why can't I make my deal with the insurance company to only get the coverage I think I need ? Because the government dicates otherwise.
    Then Tom you have no choice but to change the government. Very difficult when you have only two political parties who basically uphold that policy. It seems the lack of choice extends to places where you might prefer it didn't.
    So much for freedom and democracy, it's all relative
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 4, 2011, 09:07 PM

Just so you know, we may have only two politcal parties, but they both are coalitions of smaller self interest groups.Just easier to keep score, sometimes??
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2011, 12:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Just so you know, we may have only two politcal parties, but they both are coalitions of smaller self interest groups.Just easier to keep score, sometimes?!??!
    Yes Tom we both know that self interest often gets in the way. Very difficult to register a protest vote and yet stay true to your principles
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2011, 10:47 AM

Apparently in Canada the roots of violence is hockey.

Rioting in Vancouver
    Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 02:04 PM

Saw that this morning, and in contrast the victors came home to cheering crowds, in Boston and, no violence, and at the same time they didn't burn Miami down when they lost to the Mavericks, who came home to cheering crowds as well.

Maybe losers like to tear stuff up in Canada? Or maybe Canadians are lousy losers. Naw, I also remember they tried to burn down Chicago (again?! ), when the Bulls won the NBA championship years back, so I guess we learned.
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2011, 03:13 AM
    Saw that this morning, and in contrast the victors came home to cheering crowds, in Boston and, no violence, and at the same time they didn't burn Miami down when they lost to the Mavericks, who came home to cheering crowds as well.

Maybe losers like to tear stuff up in Canada?? Or maybe Canadians are lousy losers. Naw, I also remember they tried to burn down Chicago (again??!!), when the Bulls won the NBA championship years back, so I guess we learned.
    It's those mad scotsmen it is no different in Scotland
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2011, 01:32 PM
    Speaking of Commerce without morality, Kia seems to think using pedophile teachers is a great way to sell vehicles. And so does the Cannes Lion Awards, which bestowed the Silver Press Lion for the ad.

Expert

Jun 24, 2011, 02:05 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2011, 02:13 PM
    Kia's response:
    Kia Motors America (KMA) has become aware of an offensive piece of advertisin­g material that was created by an ad agency in Brazil that KMA has no business relationsh­ip with and has never worked with. This ad was not created in the U.S. by Kia Motors America or any of its marketing partners and does not reflect the opinions or values of KMA or Kia Motors Corporatio­n. The ad is undoubtedl­y inappropri­ate, and on behalf of Kia Motors we apologize to those who have been offended by it. We can guarantee this advertisem­ent has never and will never be used in any form in the United States, and our global headquarte­rs in Seoul, South Korea is addressing the issue with the independen­t Brazilian distributo­r.
    Viral marketing attempt = success.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2011, 03:37 AM

What they should've said is they were pulling the ad from all markets regardless of the nation. They should use any law available to them to have the ads blocked ,and they should sue the agency that created the ad if indeed they have no working relationship with them.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2011, 05:29 AM
    But there isn't any pedophilia, it's just poor taste.
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2011, 08:14 AM
    FYI to any interested person::

As a medical diagnosis, pedophilia (or paedophilia) is defined as a psychiatric disorder in adults or late adolescents (persons age 16 or older) typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children.

This fits the criteria:
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Jun 27, 2011, 08:52 AM
    Where do you see the sexual interest in a prepubescent child in those images?
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 08:50 AM

Ignoring the blindness to the pedophilia in this ad for a moment and returning to Pleasure without conscience and Politics without principles, the President in his presser yesterday condemned his own private jet tax breaks.

The chief economic culprit of President Obama’s Wednesday press conference was undoubtedly “corporate jets.” He mentioned them on at least six occasions, each time offering their owners as an example of a group that should be paying more in taxes.

“I think it’s only fair to ask an oil company or a corporate jet owner that has done so well,” the president stated at one point, “to give up that tax break that no other business enjoys.”

But the corporate jet tax break to which Obama was referring – called “accelerated depreciation,” and a popular Democratic foil of late – was created by his own stimulus package.

Proponents of the tax break lauded it as a means to spur economic activity by encouraging purchases of large manufactured goods (planes). So the president’s statement today – and his call to repeal that tax break generally – is either a tacit admission that the stimulus included projects that did not, in fact, stimulate the economy, or an attempt to “soak the rich” without regard for the policy’s effects on the economy.
    Anything to get re-elected...
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 09:57 AM

Yeah he complained about Congress not showing leadership. He's doing his part . "I've been doing Afghanistan and bin Laden and the Greek crisis". He should've gone on in that tone with.. I've been doing golf ...I've been doing lunch.

His biggest problem is that he's not running against the GOP ;he's running against the GDP ,and he's already played all the cards in his hand. He has no answer except more of the same... more class division and envy... more failed stimulus programs.. more spending .

Edit... forgot to add that the stimulus was a bad idea ;and included in the bad idea was the private airplane provision. If that is considered a "tax increase " then in a effort at bipartisanship ,the GOPer should agree to it in the negotiations.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    edit ....forgot to add that the stimulus was a bad idea ;and included in the bad idea was the private airplane provision. If that is considered a "tax increase " then in a effort at bipartisanship ,the GOPer should agree to it in the negotiations.
    And while they're doing away with the jet tax break, maybe they can find a way to make rich Senators pay taxes on their yachts.
    Expert

Jun 30, 2011, 10:55 AM

That would be a start for the GOP, that they agree to something. The whole country is tired of no way, and crazy talk about the job creators, and their money. What about the common man and his money? That's their job, not destroying a safety net, to protect people from greed, and manipulated markets, gone crazy, not making every freakin' thing a business for a rich man to make even more money, not some third world nation, where the king tells the slaves what to do, not some power hungry social agenda imposed on everyone. The GOP's efforts to turn a great nation into some type of oligarchy will ruled by greedy rich folks will fail, because their only agenda and focus is on obstructing anything that helps the middle class thrive and survive so they can return to power, and take the rest of the loot, they haven't STOLEN already!

You repubs better take back control of your own party, before you end up suffering like the rest of us when the repubs get what they want. And just so we all know, the stimulus worked despite effort by the GOP to water it down, would have worked much better if the GOP would have kept there 2 cents to themselves. They don't want anything this president does to work, no matter who suffers from their actions.

That's why middle class repubs are joining middle class Dem's to push back on the new repub governors mad power grab, and more wealth transfer.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 04:07 PM
    The GOP's efforts to turn a great nation into some type of oligarchy will ruled by greedy rich folks will fail, .
    It reached that stage a long time ago, look at Greece and riots in the streets as even the little you have is taken away, that is the future, BO talks about a lazy Congress, but what about the lazy President who doesn't have a plan for what to do next? Increase the cap, what about stop spending?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liberalism has caused every major issue in the world today [ 23 Answers ]

That sounds like a political rant… and it is. But it is also supported by facts. For instance, let’s take the current financial crisis. It was caused by the collapse of the mortgage market, which in turn was caused by the government forcing banks to make loans to people who couldn’t pay...

Got this one today! [ 8 Answers ]

A 5-year-old boy went to visit his grandmother one day. Playing With his toys in her bedroom while grandma was dusting, he looked up and Said, 'Grandma, how come you don't have a boyfriend now that Grandpa went to Heaven?' Grandma replied, 'Honey, my TV is my boyfriend. I can sit in my ...

Can a Fascist State exist in the world today? [ 20 Answers ]

I don't think it is possible for a Fascist State to exist in the world today, not only because of the techno-informatic revolution in telecommunications but there's also globalization, especially in the economic arena, that has allowed us to put Fascism behind us. There can exist Fascist movements,...

Verbal eviction to get out today given today? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend lives with a friend in an effeciance, Hes paid all his bill his rent, electric and water, and on Monday he was given a verbal eviction to be out by Monday the 19th and today his so called friend called and said that he had to be out by today with all of his stuff. I told him that I...

Today he saw me [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I and my boyfriend had a quarrel before 20 days... he has a jewellery showroom right in front of my house... he comes there everyday... last 20 days he didn't even look at my window... but today... when I was opening my cupboard I saw him staring at my window... he does not know the...

View more questions Search