Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    89newyorker Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 02:50 PM
    How hookup a DVD/VCR recorder, 2 satellite receivers one PVR to a Sony LCD HD TV
    Please help!:confused:
    I have a Bell Express Vu system, which consists of a 3100 receiver connected from the satellite dish directly to the LCD TV via the cable, runs on channel 3.
    The second receiver is a 5900 with the built in PVR it is connected to the TV by a s-video cable as well as the RCA jacks, works off the remote as video 1.
    I now have a GO Video DVD/VCR Recorder, which I want to connect to my PVR because there are a few programmes that I what to record off the PVR.
    I have no idea where to start!:confused:
    I received a diagram that says to hook the DVD/VCR between the satellite receiver and the TV using coaxial cables. But this receiver is connected by the RCA jacks and S-video to the TV.
    Should I reverse the hookups on the receivers and if I did how it work?
    Thanks Lore
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jan 27, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Does your DVD recorder have an S-video input?

So like the diagram you received, connect the s-video output and RCA jacks (I assume this is the audio outputs) from the PVR to the DVD recorder s-video input and RCA audio inputs, then connect the DVD recorder's s-video output and audio output to your LCD TV.

Now your DVD recorder is sitting between the satellite receiver and the TV.

Jan 27, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Hi, I checked the back of the DVD/VCR it does have the s-video which I had already connected between the PVR and the DVD.
    So basically I would just have to connect the RCA cables from the PVR to the DVD and then RCA cables from the DVD to the TV. I hope I got that right.
    Thanks Lore:D

Jan 27, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Hi, checked the back of the PVR again, there is only one s-video plug outlet on the back.
    The DVD only has only one S-Video plug, which says s-video out.
    The TV actually has 2 S-video plugs labeled S-video IN 1 - and S-video IN 2
    Thanks Lore
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 1, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Ah, I see. I googled GoVideo DVD, and though that all their models had an s-video input.

Without a s-video input, your stuck with composite video only (the yellow rca jack). Composite video is the lowest video quality there is.

So the only thing you can do then, is connect the PVR audio/video outputs (yellow, red, white RCAs) to the DVD audio/video inputs, then the DVD s-video output to your TV.

Feb 1, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Thank you so much for the time you have taken, I really appreciate that.
    I will try it out and see what happens
    Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hook up of Satellite,Tv,DVD recorder [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba 51 projection TV hooked up to a Star Choice Satellite system. I want to hook up a vcr & dvd recorder. I have s-system cables, component cables(red blue green) and rca (yellow red white) cables to do the hook up but cannot figure it out.I did have a dvd/vhs recorder combo unit...

Hooking up dvd/vcr recorder to a TV with digital cable [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to hook up a dvd/vcr(Pioneer) recorder to a digital cable box with a Panasonic lcd TV.

Dvd/vcr Recorder Hookup To Satelliteand Tv [ 2 Answers ]

Hi does anyone know how to hookup a dvd/vcr recorder combo to starchoice satellite and sony TV model KP-61v85. I also have a hometheater system but it is a older one so Im not sure If I can hook into that or not. Thankful for any help.

DVD/VCR/Satellite receiver to TV hookup [ 3 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to hookup a DVD player, VCR to a TV with a directv Satellite receiver? :confused:

DVD/VCR/Satellite receiver to TV hookup [ 3 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to hookup a DVD player, VCR to a TV with a Hughes Satellite receiver? Should I use a RF Modulator or what?

View more questions Search