Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annferns75sgi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2003, 04:55 AM
    Assistance in portuguese passport
    Hello,

I just needed some help regarding portuguese passport, I am a goan by origin, a former portuguese colony in India and I am eligible for a portuguese passport, I gave a lawyer my documents and the power of attorney to register me in portugal, but as I am born after 1961 I had to register my parents marriage anyway he got it done but after 6yrs and now he had filed my papers, me problem is that I don't want to waste anymore time as I am catching up on age and want to start saving for my rainy days as I can do so only after I get this passport and then I can legally work in europe, I live in a very poor country and to make ends meet is really very difficult, I heard that one can fasten this process if one can go to portugal, if you know how please can you help me as I am really frustrated and as I know no one else in portugal other than this lawyer I am totally helpless, please help.

Tony
    jose21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2005, 07:23 AM
    Hi,
    Don't worry about the delay My papers which I had submitted almost 2 years back have not been processed up till date, but I hope your papers have been processed by now,if not take some patience its worth it.
    Good luck
    Jose
    Ivor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2005, 12:03 AM
    Need Assistance for portuguese passport
    Hi Tony,

My situation is almost similar to u. However I have still not been able to find a lawyer to register my parents birth and marriage in lisbon. Can u please provide me the details about the lawyer who is assisting you or any one else whom you know.
    Thanks
    Ivor
    emenezes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2006, 12:36 AM
    Potuguese Passport
    Hi,

I am a goan currently residing in Abu Dhabi, myself and my husband was born before 1961 we want to obtain the portuguese passport. Could you advise me about the formalitis and what documetation I have to submit.

If the there is a Portuguese embassy in Abu Dhabi will I be able to apply through embassy in Abu Dhabi

Thanks
    emenezes
    Kenrick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2006, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by annferns75sgi
    Hello,

I just needed some help regarding portuguese passport, I am a goan by origin, a former portuguese colony in India and I am eligible for a portuguese passport, I gave a lawyer my documents and the power of attorney to register me in portugal, but as I am born after 1961 I had to register my parents marriage anyway he got it done but after 6yrs and now he had filed my papers, me problem is that I don't want to waste anymore time as I am catching up on age and want to start saving for my rainy days as I can do so only after I get this passport and then i can legally work in europe, I live in a very poor country and to make ends meet is really very difficult, I heard that one can fasten this process if one can go to portugal, if you know how pls can you help me as I am really frustrated and as I know no one else in portugal other than this lawyer I am totally helpless, pls help.

tony
    You must also be aware that it is not only the transcription of marriage of the parents that is mandatory but also the transcription of birth of one of the parents being portuguese progenator at the central registration office in Lisbon. Unless and Until you prove the fillial relationship you will not be able to transcribe your birth for acquisition of Portuguese Nationality. Kindly check with your lawyer in Lisbon if he has taken the necessary steps of drawing the fillial relationship between you and the Portuguese Progenitor. Your Lawyer may be misguiding you. Kindly Check...
    ssw1999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Comment on Kenrick's post
    True
    cynicrick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 09:34 PM
    Hi. Go to Miguel Reis These are lawyers that will speed up the process. -Ric.
    badPortugal Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Sep 19, 2008, 04:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by annferns75sgi
    Hello,

I just needed some help regarding portuguese passport, I am a goan by origin, a former portuguese colony in India and I am eligible for a portuguese passport, I gave a lawyer my documents and the power of attorney to register me in portugal, but as I am born after 1961 I had to register my parents marriage anyway he got it done but after 6yrs and now he had filed my papers, me problem is that I don't want to waste anymore time as I am catching up on age and want to start saving for my rainy days as I can do so only after I get this passport and then i can legally work in europe, I live in a very poor country and to make ends meet is really very difficult, I heard that one can fasten this process if one can go to portugal, if you know how can you help me as I am really frustrated and as I know no one else in portugal other than this lawyer I am totally helpless, help.

tony
    Ask the lawyer as he will encourage you to visit Portugal. Ash him for cheap places to stay etc.
    lidu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2009, 10:48 AM

Hi
    I am a goan and my parents were born before 1961 but they are no more I want to obtain a portuguese passport how do I go about please help.
    indulgeholidays Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2011, 09:24 AM
    Portuguese Nationality Registration - (Documents Required to Apply for Portuguese Passport)

I BIRTH PROCESS, Born Before Year 1961 ( Processing Time : 1-3 Months )

1. Applicant’s Birth Certificate from Civil Registrar’s Office (Teor)
    2. Indian Passport Copy (Front & Back Page Colour Copy)
    3. Applicant’s Residence Certificate from Panchayat or Mamlatdar or Municipality for Portuguese passport | Residence Certificate should be issued from birth till date, including the period from 01/01/1974 to 31/12/1975.
    4. Any One of the following documents: a) Applicant’s Side: - Parents Marriage Certificate and both parent’s Birth Certificate from Civil Registrars Office (Teor) b) Documento Para Viagem / Old Portuguese Passport / old Bilhete de Identidade / Narrativa(Original Birth Certificate issued during the Portuguese regime) c) Any other document issued during the erstwhile Portuguese era before 19/12/1961.
    5. Death Certificate if the applicant is deceased.

II MARRIAGE PROCESS, Married Before / After 1961 ( Processing Time: 1-2 Months )
    1. Applicant’s Assento de Nascimento (obtained from Step I)
    2. Applicant’s Marriage Certificate from Civil Registrar’s Office (Teor)
    3. Applicant’s Husband’s/Wife’s Birth Certificate from the Civil Registrar’s Office (Teor if applicable)

III BIRTH PROCESS, Born After Year 1961 ( Processing Time: 1-2 Months )

1. Birth Certificate from Civil Registrar’s Office (Teor if applicable)
    2. Indian Passport copy (Front & Back Page Colour Copy)
    3. Parents Assento de Nascimento and Assento de Casamento once their parent’s Birth and Marriage is registered in Portugal (obtained from Step I & Step II).

---
    Residence Certificate if person is deceased:-
    Please note if the person is deceased after 1974, then the Residence Certificate is required from his/her birth till death, with including the period from 01/01/1974 to 31/12/1975 (with death certificate)
    OR
    If the person is deceased before 1974, then the Residence Certificate from his/her birth till death, with Death Certificate.

We undertake attestation of documents from all authorities in India & submission in Portugal in order to facilitate registration of Portuguese Nationality.

[Processing of documents in INDIA which includes Translation, Notary, Collector, Home Office and Apostille in New Delhi (Ministry of External Affairs).]

For fees & other clarifications please feel free to Contact us :

INDULGE HOLIDAYS

Phone : +91 832 2910223 | +91 8796136365 | +91 8796136367
    E-mail : [email protected]
    Website : Cheap Hotels at Indulge Holidays - India's No 1 Travel Site | Guaranteed Best Holiday deals, Bus, Book Holiday Packages,Sightseeing, Tours Online

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese passport [ 9 Answers ]

Hi What are the actual criteria for applying for a Portuguese passport. My grandfather was born in Portugal, and as such I would like to get my passport. I am specifically interested in: -exact documentation and criteria required -whether or not I need apply in Portugal, or must I apply in my...

Portuguese Passport [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a 32 year old Australian born Goan Indian and wonder if I would be eligible for a Portuguese passport. My mother was born in Goa in 1935 and emigrated to Australia in 1970. She is now an Australian citizen and resides in Western Australia. My father was born in Pune in India in...

Portuguese Passport [ 2 Answers ]

I am studying in the Uk, and I am seeking information on how to apply for a Portugueses passport.Although I wasn't born in India, I am of goan origin, holding an Indian passport. My father was born in Mumba,I but his father was born in Goa before 1961. My mother was born abroad but her mother was...

View more questions Search