Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bgallagher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 06:12 PM
    Tractor will not start (does not turn over)
    Have a UTG2060H Snapper tractor, Kohler Pro/hydrostatic auto.
    It was running fine - cutting the lawn with the 60" belly mower deck. I smelled something like rubber burning briefly & thought it was a belt. I sut off te engine to check & it would not start again - just a loud click. As always - the engine was running fine before. I checked to see if it was in gear (it has a hydrostatic auto) by moving the pedal - same result. I removed the body to look at the linkage & found a bolt missing on the linkage for the transmission. I just tried to rig something up to try & start it - but still could not - and the safety switch below seems seems to be functioning (no sound if the linkage is moved above the top of the switch), I removed the mower deck from the middle pto - still nothing. The shaft from the motor to the transmission moves slightly when the key is turned & the clicking noise happens.
    Any help would be fantastic.
    Could there be something wrong with the pto clutch or could the pto be engaged (even though the electric switch is off)? I do not believe it will start with the pto engaged...
    Help...
    Thank you,
    Bill

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Lawn Tractor - Unable to Start Tractor [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I currently having difficulty starting my Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor, (Model# 917.259830). I was using the tractor and had to shut it off to move a lawn hose. When I tried to start it again it just clicked. Specifically upon turning the keying, it makes a click sound followed by a whin....

Lawn Tractor Won't Start Will turn over and run when I spray starting fuid in Carbe [ 0 Answers ]

Lawn Tractor Won't Start Will turn over and run when I spray starting fuid in Carberator. It is a Toro LX 240 has an Electric device in the Carb. Has Gas but not getting through Carb.

Tractor Won't Start-battery strong, won't turn over [ 5 Answers ]

My lawn tractor died in use and will not restart. There is spark, there is gas in the tank the spark plug wire is attached, the engine cranks strong but doesn't start. I tried shooting starting fluid in the carb - no luck. Yesterday it started and went 50 feet, died again and won't start again. ...

Tractor won't start with key - but I can jump starter to start [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a used Ford 1210 compact tractor and it will not start with the key. I replaced the switch and still no luck. Tested the safety switch & wire that goes to the starter and both are in good order (verified with ohm meter). When I try to start with the key, the lights dim some so I can see...

Mtd lawn tractor it start but want turn over ithink my issue is with the carburetor [ 2 Answers ]

What are the steps to rebuilding my 12.5 hp briggs n stratton carburetor please take in account I am a do it your selfer. Thanks for your help

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.