Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jv_apo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 02:44 PM
    How do I de-charge a monitor to make it safe for handling/repairs?
    I want to replace the capacitors in an old 19" monitor. I have been told you somehow ground the monitor with a screw driver.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 31, 2011, 01:50 PM

Suggest reading Notes on the Troubleshooting and Repair of Computer and Video Monitors, particularly the Monitor Troubleshooting / Safe discharging of capacitors in TVs and video monitors section. Electrocution possible, done poorly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make a owner of a private road make repairs [ 15 Answers ]

I hope I'm posting this in the correct spot. I have a friend that lives out on a private road and the road is in terrible condition and the owner of the road will not fix it. The owner flies up and down the road trying to tear it up to force everyone that lives out there to move and sell there...

Can a landlord charge for repairs from a fire [ 4 Answers ]

We had a chimne fire and now the landlord is asking us to pay half for the fixing. They called their Ins. And found out that they would had to pay $1000.00 deductible. So then they didn't want to go that route. HELP please. Thank you Tara Long

Broke Lease-Forfeit Security Deposit-Extra charge for Repairs and Cleaning [ 10 Answers ]

My son and his wife had to break their lease after 5 1/2 years to seek cheaper housing after losing his job and trying to raise 2 small children. They forfieted their $1,500 security deposit, of course. Now 6 months later the landlord has forwarded a letter asking for $1,322 (less than the amount...

Landlord Will Not Make Repairs [ 2 Answers ]

My family and I are renting a house in Hendersonville, TN. There have been many repairs that the house has needed in the time that we have lived there but the landlords will not fix them or if they do try to fix them it is not done correctly. This has caused many problems. We now have mold...

Landlord charge for repairs? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently received a letter from my landlord stating that my roommate and I owed $100 for the repair of a messed up dishwasher. We had been calling them for 3 or 4 weeks now trying to get them to repair our dishwasher and they just recently replaced the motor. The letter said that glass was found...

View more questions Search