Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pwfroggy76 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 02:21 PM
    Craigslist Sale
    I sold a four wheeler, helmet, and battery maintainer on Craigslist yesterday. The four wheeler had been parked in my garage since the end of February (when it ran)... I assumed it was not starting because the battery was way dead. I had the four wheeler listed for $500 but let it go for $350. The buyer texted when he was on his way and asked if it could be started and I told him not without being jumped. He showed up with 2 of his buddies... they looked at it seemed pleased... gave me the money and loaded it in their truck. There was no mention of "if we can't get it started, we are bringing it back" and now today he is texting me all day... (I am not even home)... saying he is returning it to me. The last text was... "we are on our way, will be there in an hour". I told him again that I am not home and that if he needs to take me to court, fine but this is the last I am discussing this and not to show up on my property. He did text back and said court it will be then. What should I do? I feel bad that they were unable to get it going, but I also felt like I was being intimidated when he said "we are leaving now, see you in an hour". I have pasted the original ad from Craigslist below.

110CC FOUR WHEELER W/ HELMET, NEW BATTERY, AND BATTERY MAINTAINER. ALL TIRES HAVE GOOD TREAD BUT ONE MAY NEED TO BE REPLACED OR REPAIRED... AS IT IS NOT HOLDING AIR. FOUR WHEELER HAS BEEN PARKED IN MY GARAGE SINCE THE END OF FEBRUARY... BEGINNING OF MARCH. BATTERY NEEDS A GOOD CHARGE AS IT HAS BEEN SITTING.

MUST SELL THIS WEEKEND $500 OBO
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 29, 2011, 04:13 PM

Did you sign a bill of sale? Did that bill of sale imply any warranty? Your ad clearly indicates you were selling AsIS and the rule of thumb is a private sale is ASIS. So I doubt if he will win in court
    pwfroggy76 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 04:58 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    No there was not a bill of sale done. I know now I should have. Thank you for the response. My main was him coming back to my house, but I clearly (in a text that he replied to) not to return it to me or come onto my property. Hate sounding like that but... when he was texting prior to purchase... it was "I" am coming or "I" am almost there... now that he wanted to return it and get his money back... it was "WE" will be there in an hour. I know I may be paranoid and reading into it but it "read" to be a little intimidating.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2011, 05:59 PM

I would not return the money, he had the chance to look it over and it was not running when he bought it, You still don't know if it did start or if they just changed their mind the next day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't post ad on Craigslist [ 32 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to post an ad on craigslist and it will not post. This phrase is highlighted in yellow: Please review and confirm your ad by EMAIL ADDRESS for portland (washington co) craigslist. I did so, and hit "continue" and nothing happens except it brings it back to the top of the...

Craigslist $ [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how Craigslist makes any money?It's a free site to use so I am curiousas to how the owner makes money off it.

Sites like craigslist? [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there are any websites similar to CraigsList? I am looking for local classifieds to find for "free" stuff and or purchase and sell items. I really like Craigslist, but often find the item I want gone. ... I know I got to be more quick. Sigh...

Craigslist sales [ 7 Answers ]

I have no idea if this is the right topic to post under but I'm wondering if there is any reason it would be dangerous to give your address when making sales online. I've sold a lot of items on Craigslist and now I'm selling an item and someone responded wanting me ship an item to the US once I...

View more questions Search