Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    STRAWMAN_08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 12:57 PM
    Have photo
    I have a picture of someone that they sent to my cell phone i want to know if i can load it on the internet and find out who it is and where they live cause i don't know them and i don't want more pictures from them
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

May 29, 2011, 01:19 PM

No, you can't. What you can do is block the number. Your carrier should be able to help you with that, if you don't know how.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 29, 2011, 01:19 PM

It's very difficult to find out who someone is with only a picture. You can do a search, but the picture you have would have to have been posted on the internet elsewhere, and the search you do would have to have that specific picture in their database. It's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Block them from your cell phone. I'm not well versed in cell phones, but I do not that most have a way to block numbers you don't wish to have listed. That would be your best bet to avoid further contact.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2011, 01:22 PM

And merely finding out who they are will not stop any more photos, you can text them back or call them and tell them no more, or block them, or just don't open anything else they sell
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2011, 01:23 PM

Also can you tell us more about why they are sending you a photo.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

May 29, 2011, 01:30 PM

in order to find the photo elsewhere online, if that exact photo IS posted somewhere, they would have to know the file name of the photo as it's posted on that site. Either that, or have some VERY sophisticated photo recognition software that can search the internet for matches (I'm not even sure such software even exists).

the only other option is having access to government facial recognition software that can search all government databases for a match. If that were a possibility, then they could just trace the number. (and would be SERIOUS overkill ^_~)

(yeah, I watch too many crime dramas. And PLEASE note the HUGE dose of playful sarcasm in the second paragraph.)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 29, 2011, 01:44 PM

There are sites where you can post a picture, and they try to match it from other sites. I used one when PP posted her pic on AMHD, because I didn't believe it was her. Sadly, I came up blank.

The problem with those sites is that they have a limited database. They don't have access to every picture posted on the internet. Also, the picture would have to match exactly. So, if this is a real person, sending pics, it's unlikely to match the exact photo unless he/she posted it elsewhere on the internet, and the site you used to scan the pic has that pic in their database.

Am I making any sense? ;)

It's much easier to block the person from your cell phone. Finding someone from a photo is next to impossible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Photo Programs and Photo Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have Adobe Photoshop 5.5 and some other photo programs on my computer. I have a lot of photo files I am attempting to crop and edit using these programs. When I open a file (usually in JPeg) it displays the photo all pixilated and distorted, with portions of the image jumbled around or...

Where oh where can he be?I only have a photo [ 9 Answers ]

Well it is simple or maybe not so simple.I have a picture of someone and I would like to find him.It might be the needle in the haystack situation but I have to try.Has anyone had any luck in this sort of thing.

Photo [ 2 Answers ]

Just in case someone here knows hw are 3d photos made

3d photo [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pictue in 3d of an eagle landing on a branch ==how are these made

View more questions Search