Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lady_rae Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2011, 09:40 PM
    I hate being so shy! How do I become outspoken?
    Whenever I try and speak my mind in certain situations or act normally, I just can't do it. I'm so shy and reserved (mostly around family) that I don't even dance/sing around my parents. My voice even changes (to this small, meek, "baby" voice)! Is this normal to be so shy around my family? I think if I can be outgoing around my family and speak my mind when it needs to be spoken, it'll also help outside of my fam. I'm not so reserved outside of them, but I think I'd open up a lot more if I can get past them.

Thanks in advance :-)
    circles102 Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2011, 11:05 PM
    I have the same problem, except my voice is really low rather than sqeeky, but if your shy around your familly its hard to open up because your probably just afraid to drop the old image of yourself in their eyes, I still haavnt gotten over it either, but unless you dislike your familly all you have to do is speak your mind, not all the time but just don't be "the quiet one".
    Angela_lol Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 05:48 AM
    I used to be like that, until one day I looked in the mirror and decided that if I didn't try, I could never know if I could perform in front of a crowd. That year, I entered secondary school, and I really wanted to get into choir, knowing I could sing but just didn't dare to perform in front of everyone, including my parents. I dragged my legs to go for audition, but when I was in front of the teacher interviewers, not a word could come out of my mouth as I was suddenly too 'shy'. I failed auditions, but aft that, I practised both speaking and singing in front of the mirror, pretending there were people there. After a while, I moved on to speaking to my parents more outwardly, and soon, to everyone I met. :)
    cuteelizabeth23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 05:00 PM
    One time I tried then I closed my eyes and start to think of something else then I started to sing and then I started to open my I really slow and I was still singing then I was not shy anymore I am only 10 years old and I am not shy to sing in front of people I feel proud of myself and if you try you will feel the same way!! :-)
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2012, 10:40 AM
    The only way to break away from shyness is to truly change your perspective. Care not what others think and shy you will no longer be.
    Zealous1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2012, 03:05 AM
    Being shy is actually a virtue, so don't hate it, embrace it. If you want to be more assertive, read some non-fiction books, like the self-help kind about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't hate my job, I hate my co-worker(s) [ 23 Answers ]

Do you ever have a day in the office where everything is going grand until you see that one person that really grinds your gears. Well I have one of those- I make one little mistake and she takes it up with the supervisor immediately when in fact she makes a million or more errors daily. How...

I really hate it when my face turns red and they think I'm shy. [ 10 Answers ]

Okay, I have some kind of shyness and my face frustrate me so much. For example: my friend keeps telling me that when I talk to guys my face turns red so fast and I keep smiling, she told me that it's weakness. I really hate that. Please help! I'll appreciate it

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option.what should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option. People near me are OK but are always either scared or are in an licking state. I hate the environment. I can't quit because I hate to learn and what I know is not good enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me what shoul I do! anyone!

Very shy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a 16 year old junior in hs. I am 6'5 and at a good weight. I have been having a lot of trouble with girls lately. I have what you would say is a shy personality in public. For example in school I am usaully quite and laid back. I talk to some girls but I am really not my true self. I am...

Opinionated and Outspoken.rude or not? [ 19 Answers ]

Hey... Ever since I could remember I've always been very opinionated and outspoken. I never really had thought about being like this until recently when I started hanging out with my cousins and some of their friends. Lately I've felt like being the way I am is wrong because it seems like no one...

View more questions Search