Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

May 28, 2011, 05:19 PM
    Where do I go for help (other then ask me) re photos
    I am so technically challenged and I have major problems understand the photos. I
    Download then lose them... the ones I have I can't get on Facebook.. others I want to
    e-mail. Where would be the best place to get someone to help me... a computer service;
    Bring my computer to a store (it's a PC)... I need someone to talk to me like I'm a
    Five year old (maybe I should say four)... is one service better then another.
    I'm located in Brooklyn, New YOrk.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 28, 2011, 09:20 PM

I do in-house client training and written How-To's for their specific software that they can refer back to later when they are on their own. There should be similar consultants or knowledgeable people in New York. Look in the yellow pages or inquire with friends, family, work, church, etc. The library also may be able to recommend someone, answer specific questions, or provide free or low cost general training classes. Often issues such as you describe result from a fundamental lack of understanding of Windows operating system basics. Books or classes on Windows would be a good start.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 29, 2011, 02:33 AM
    A teenager could help you with picture files. Many high schools have a jobs for teens department. There's also a college in Brooklyn, and you could put up a message on a bulletin board.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 29, 2011, 04:36 AM

Talk to the computer teacher at a local high school. They can maybe recommend a bright student to tutor you. Aso check for adult ed classes at the school or local library.

As to finding photos after you download them the first place to ceck is you're my Documents folder or My Pictures folder. When you select to download ANY file, you get a choice to Open or Save to Disk. If you choose Save to Disk you are prompted to select a name. That dialog box shows you what folder the file is being saved to and the name. That's how you find them again.

To e-mail a photo you need to ATTACH it to the e-mail. Your e-mail client will have an attach option. You select that and a dialog box will open where you can select the folder then file.

Uploading to Facebook is very similar.

May 29, 2011, 05:18 AM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    I checked yes under Is this helpful and got a box, why was this answer unhelpful.. weird... anyway, I'm copying your reply. It was wonderful... can I adopt you?? Thank you so much... you have done one senior citizen a good turn

May 29, 2011, 05:19 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    Again when I checked the box yes under is this helpful, I got a box saying why was this unhelpful... I wrote it was helpful. You're so right. Teens are a good source and I bet a lot of them would be so helpful.

May 29, 2011, 05:22 AM
    Comment on Scleros's post
    You are right... I do not have a basic understanding of Windows operating system basics. After these three replies, I will get off my duff and start trying to get the answers and will also be trying out some of the suggestions. Thanks you for taking the time to reply.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 29, 2011, 06:14 AM
    I think you may have hit the wrong thing. You should see a thumbs up and thumbs down icon. It looks like you clicked the thumbs down by mistake. No big deal.

If you are a senior, also check out senior.net there may be classes or other help at a local senior center.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tattoo Photos anyone? [ 48 Answers ]

We all see posts about tattoos and piercings, but I'd like to see pictures of these tattoos and piercings. I've always been intrigued by body art but in the last year or so have finally gotten the courage to get things done. I got my nose pierced in July 2008, tattoo on my wrist in August last year...

Do you know how many photos. [ 5 Answers ]

This is a math question, so continue reading and you'll see.. I am taking a picture of myself every 10 seconds.. my computer will do it automatically, which is great. I am wondering that if I do this for 8 hours, how many photos will my computer make? If you want, you can give me the...

View more questions Search