Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lincoln559 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2011, 02:47 PM
    Will she change her mind?
    Moved to its own thread

I am 23 yr old guy with a 2 year old daughter that I have full custody of she is 18 I was her first sexual guy she says that now she feels like she is growing up real fast etc... and I think I started to get too clingy after I finished college because while I was in school I would not text her or talk much just see each other on the weekends. She says she wants to be friends with benefits because she does not want anything from another guy except me and that she loves and also says that she knows in her heart that we will get back sooner than later... she still calls me babe tells me she loves me etc but I feel like giving her space I should only reply to her text/calls but I feel if I always do it makes me look like she can have me when she wants IDK any help would really be appreciated
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 28, 2011, 09:04 PM

She is really young, and its plain to see who the responsible one is, however she will always be connected through your daughter, and you will always have to be civil if possible.

Having said that though, I think as you build a good life for you, and your daughter, you keep the ex at a safe emotional distance, and keep it about the child. Its important to give her space to grow, and get herself together, but you don't need any physical ties to her that may stop you from having a happy life for yourself with out her being involved. So don't lead her on, or agree to go along with her program, just to keep your family together. Don't allow her to make promises she can't keep that are not in your best interest, or you get to close and get hurt.

Have a great life that doesn't depend on anything she does. But do let her have every chance to be a great mom, and that's up to her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will he change his mind about this break up? [ 5 Answers ]

IWell my boyfriend of 3 years just broke up with me. We shared so much love with each other over that period. Except when we did fight they sometimes bad because I can get upset so easily. I've tried to not get this way but when I get hurt I usually just see red. Now he tells me out of nowhere...

Do you think he will change his mind on this break up? [ 15 Answers ]

Threads merged Me and my boyfriend of 1 + 1/2 years broke up literally 2 days ago for good, I think. We had been arguing a lot and at the beginning of the relationship and I really was not a nice girlfriend (cheated on him once and just being a general etc.) but things changed and I learnt that...

He change his mind [ 5 Answers ]

I met this guy from work like two months ago and at first we didn't talk much but than he started talking to me joking around saying that we should have sex... I always laugh at him believing that he was joking. But one time we were on the messenger he started saying that he was thinking of me and...

Will my ex change his mind about me? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been going out with my boyfriend for 7 months. We recently went on holiday and when we returned then I went away shortly after with one of my girlfriends. When I returned he dumped me. I had been back a week and he we had not seen each other and felt he was not too keen. We finally arranged...

Help me change her mind [ 21 Answers ]

I posted this earlier, and I want to see if anyone has any more advice. I met this woman 15 years ago and there has always been a chemistry between us. We married other people. I got divorced and she is now a widow. I was hurt badly in my divorce. We started seeing each other after the death...

View more questions Search