Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Inesa Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2011, 02:33 PM
    Bereavment
    My fiancé passed away in his sleep less than 3mnths before our wedding day. We have been together for almost 9yrs. Life doesn't have a meaning no more. I'm sort of the machine that needs to wake up, go 2work, my mum is here so she makes sure I eat. The rest doesn't matter any more. Sometimes I'm OK I even laugh, but most of the time I'm numb and trying not to break down. Its so very hard to even let my brain register that he isn't here no more...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 28, 2011, 06:00 PM

Take the time and grieve, it is still a short time, and we all take different times and different ways to finally move on with our life.

The main thing is you were together for 9 years, so it is going to be hard, no instant or quick fixes.

Try and remember the love they had for you, and that they would want you to live on and be happy. Also think and find a way to live for them, some project or activity to do in their memory
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 30, 2011, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Inesa View Post
    My fiance passed away in his sleep less than 3mnths before our wedding day. we have been together for almost 9yrs. life doesn't have a meaning no more. im sort of the machine that needs to wake up, go 2work, my mum is here so she makes sure i eat. the rest doesnt matter any more. sometimes i'm ok i even laugh, but most of the time i'm numb and trying not to break down. its so very hard to even let my brain register that he isn't here no more...

When did he pass away?

Jun 4, 2011, 04:20 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    17th of April
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2011, 05:51 AM

That is so terribly recent - no wonder you are numb. I was widowed and the entire first year was terrible beyond belief. Do you have some days which are better than others? Are you taking care of yourself? Grief is a strange, changing process. I'm sure you have discovered that. If crying is the way you cope, then cry. I worry about people who bottle their grief inside, don't express it, let it eat away at them.

Do you have friends you can talk to, people who will listen to you?

Jun 9, 2011, 02:28 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    I do get better days, not very often. I'm not sleeping or eating much, just haven't felt hungry recently, mum was with me all the time for a month, and I do have friends that are there for me, I'm also getting bereavement counselling (only just started) so maybe it will help to ease this pain; I cry a lot, sometimes I get so angry at steve, how could he do that to me. I don't know who I am anymore or how to live my life, mostly I just don't want to do anything

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage/bereavment mental health [ 5 Answers ]

Any Help Greatly Appreciated.On Jan.16th my mother-in-law passed away,she was sick for sometime and it was very hard on my wife,and the family.She left a very extensive list <will if you would>of what items will go where,my wife is the executor.let me just say were not talking huge estate a middle...

View more questions Search