Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

May 28, 2011, 07:12 AM
    Please help, I have pneumonia
    I went to a walk in clinic and it showed I had pneumonia. I had a resting heartrate of 150, I'm 22. And a temp of 103.1. The doc gave me a 10 day antibio srip, and told me to go home and rest, and take my med. She said in 10 days when Im reevaluated, if I still have it then I have to be admitted.
    Thing is, today I feel worse and now I'm coughing up blood. Temp is 102. Should I go to the hospital? Or wait it out?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 28, 2011, 07:35 AM

I would suggest you go to the hospital if your temp is still elevated and you are coughing up blood.

I hope you told the doctor at the walk in clinic, your medical history. Make sure you mention EVERYTHING when you go the ER. It is extremely important for a proper diagnosis.

Tick
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 28, 2011, 07:42 AM

Go to the hospital. When I had pneumonia, my doctor said the only reason he didn't admit me was because I wasn't coughing up blood. Please report to us once you are home again, so we can stop worrying.
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

May 30, 2011, 10:24 PM
    Thank you so much for replying, unfortunately I didn't get the replies in time to take the advice. I chose to wait it out, but thankfully, I have stopped coughing up blood, and my temperature is gone!
    I'm getting better by the day, though still not out of the water by any means. I have to finish my Rx, then go back to the Doc for evaluation. Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chest tightness since pneumonia [ 6 Answers ]

I am writing for my 30 year old daughter who is really getting depressed that her doctors can't seem to find out her problem. She had pneumonia 5 months ago, was treated with 2 antibiotics and got 75 % better. She still has tightness in her chest and trouble taking in a breath. Sometimes she feels...

Scars from pneumonia [ 6 Answers ]

My doctor told me I have scar tissue left over from a mild case of pneumonia. Will I have these scars forever or is there anything I can do to make it go away? Will this scar tissue cause problems like making me more likely to getting pneumonia again?

I need to know if I have pneumonia? I have the symptoms but what do I do? [ 2 Answers ]

Have symptoms of pneumonia, have been diagnosed once with asthma and that med didn't work and once with bronchitis and that didn't work. I am worse and feeling horible, what do I need to do in order to feel better, should I go to the doctor considering pneumonia could belife thretening?

Is pneumonia contagious? [ 1 Answers ]

Is pneumonia contagious?

Antibiotics for pneumonia [ 4 Answers ]

How long would it take for atibiotics given intreveniously to work on an elderly patient who was frail and weak?

View more questions Search