Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edwa8224 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2011, 09:03 PM
    Water standing in tile shower stall
    I just had a tile shower stall put in and the guy that put it in did not fix the floor right for the water to drain out what can I do about it or what will happen to my shower stall with the standing water?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 28, 2011, 03:48 AM
    The tile wasn't sloped to the drain?
    How long ago did he install it?
    Have you called him?
    You may have to sue him for a very expensive repair. Redoing a tile shower floor is difficult. If he installed a flat floor, I wouldn't want him to do the repair; I'd want my money back and hire someone else.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 28, 2011, 01:25 PM

What will happen? Mold, mildew, accumulation of crud and very unsanitary condition.

About the only fix is to tear out and redo.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 29, 2011, 06:28 AM

... also, discoloration of grout and "mapping" on the tile. Deal with it now. Call the guy back to rework it. If he is honest contractor, he will do the repairs free of charge to you.

Let us know what happened. Thank you. Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tile Shower stall leaking [ 5 Answers ]

I installed a shower stall a year ago. It has begun to leak. It is on the second floor, and I was able to open the ceiling just below it to see. The water is leaking from around the drain itself. The shower stall pan was installed with a poly sheet.. according to the directions... so that...

Is standing water 6 inches down shower stall drain normal? [ 1 Answers ]

I have discovered a leak in the kitchen ceiling which is below the upstairs bathroom shower stall. I removed the drain cover and with a flashlight saw water with sediment in it about 4-6 inches down the pipe. No drainage problems in the shower. Is this normal and could there be a connection to...

Tile shower stall [ 3 Answers ]

I have a tile shower stall in my home that leaks water. I have removed the 3 inches of cement and tile from the walls and all the rotten boards and the cement floor down to the slab. What is the best way to start over since that apparently did not work.

Framing tile shower stall [ 1 Answers ]

I am re-framing a shower stall in which I will not be using a pre-fab shower. The stall itself was a 34 x 51 stall. What I am concerned about is the shower door that we will be using. It is 22 1/4" wide. How do I frame the facing wall? I will not be using a pre-fab shower pan either so I need to...

Shower Stall tile floor [ 1 Answers ]

I converted a standard tub area with a tiled shower stall. The floor of the shower stall is tile. Under the floor tile the guys that did the work put cement board and then laid the tile directly on the cementboard. The grout keeps coming out and some of the tiles are loose. We pried them out,...

View more questions Search