Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rsdesign Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2011, 04:09 PM
    How to quote a paint job?
    IS it best to charge per sq foot or hourly? I am looking at approx 700 sq feet , two coats, walls and trim.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 27, 2011, 05:29 PM
    Square ft. if you're fast, hourly if you're slow. Price the job where you are happy and don't expect to win every one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quote a paint job [ 3 Answers ]

I am new at the quoting part of my business. How do I quote a painting job and still make money?

Canadian $ Paint Job Quote [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Canada and I have just been asked to paint an apartment. I am not sure how to quote the job. I have experience painting however, this will be the first time for me to quote the work. Should I quote by room, square footage? The job requires both inside and outside work on the second...

How to quote an exterior stucco paint job? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a handyman business in Venice, Florida and have been asked to give an estimate to paint a stucco first story of a two story home. The second story has vinyl siding. I measured it and came up with about 1970 sq. ft. of surface to be painted. I would like to know what is a fair price to...

Paint quote [ 3 Answers ]

I just received two quotes from two different contractors for painting 3 areas of my home. A 2 story foyer, the kitchen, and family room. Kitchen is 16X14 and family room is 19X14. Contractor 1 quoted: Ceilings painted in all three areas with one coat Walls 1 coat as well as baseboards. ...

View more questions Search