Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MCSTRIKE Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Braking up with my girlfriend
    I was seeing my girlfriend for three months after been together for a month she sends me an email saying she didn't realise how hard uni was going to be for her this year and that she didn't have time for a relationship and she was sorry and that. Then about 5 hours after she ended it she is ringing me talking to me like nothing had happened and txting me all the time then a few days later we get back together and things are going well she spent about 80 quid on me at christmas and came to see me loads of times. She lived about 70 miles from me but it still didn't stop her coming to see me loads over xmas so for her to do this she must of liked me. Then she just ends it in a text saying she don't have time and she gave it a second try to make it work and how it hasn't because of uni. I just don't understand how she had to end it in a text message and if uni is the only reason stopping her from been with me as if you like someone that much you would make time wouldn't you?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 27, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Yes you would ,but she is obviously confused and at a time she is going through a lot of new things and needs time to sort it through. Give her the time she ask for and continue with your life and enjoy being happy without her. Don't call and pressure her or remind her of the good times, just wait until she calls you. Don't be available and by no means sit by the phone waiting. Your both going through growing pains.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Great answer as usual tal, could not rate you but agreed with everything you said. He should give her space, she needs time and no pressure. He should get on with his life and be unavailable.
    MCSTRIKE Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Since we split up I just said stay intouch and let me know how uni is going and tried been nice about it to her. And text her asking how uni was and about this website she might find helpful and that's the only contact I have had with her. I isn't spoke to her since last Friday now and she isn't contacted me or anything. I can understand that it is hard for her when I live 70 miles away from her and with her been in her last yr at uni but she could have been nicer then to dump me in a text message.
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Jan 27, 2007, 09:59 AM
    I'm a cynical person, so I'm going to play devil's advocate for a while, and you tell me if this could be the situation. This could also be a growing pain of college presenting many oportunities, or a pain of finding somebody else. I'm going to argue finding somebody else. When I'm sure of the reason I don't want to see somebody anymore, I make it clear, usually in person, at the very least on the phone. A text message implies to me that she's afraid of something. Either hurting your feelings or getting caught in a lie, one way or the other, I'm going to argue her story doesn't add up. I would suppose she's meeting new people, and isn't sure of what she wants anymore, and may fancy somebody else. It might just be a puppy love crush, but one way or the other, I don't think she's being as straight with you as she should be.
    Kiddybaby Posts: 28, Reputation: 8

Jan 27, 2007, 11:41 PM
    The one thing we are sure of is that she is indecisive and not sure of what she wants. If you wish to wait around I guess that is your choice. Remember life is short and it does not sound like she is going to wait around for you because whether you are in the picture or not she does what she wants to do. The clock is ticking for all of us, time is precious and tomorrow is not guaranteed so I personally never understand people who think they are exempt from this aspect of life. Life continues... time does not stand still.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Braking problem on 91 Accord [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all... I'm having an intermitant brake problem. Here's the problem, when I step down on the brake pedal - there's very little resistance i.e. the brake pedal easily goes to the floor... I am able to stop but something is wrong there. Again, the problem is intermitant, when I'm...

View more questions Search