Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rkakella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2003, 10:57 AM
    F-2 Visa
    What is the suggested documentation for obtaining a student visa?Are there any pitfalls to watch for, what will be the chances of obtaining visa?
    melibajric Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2004, 01:58 AM
    F-2 Visa
    To obtain an F-1 student visa, you will need to show several original papers to your local US consulate before they can issue your F-1 visa.
    F-2 visa is for dependent of F-1 student.
    First you would need a letter called DS-2019 (issued by the school/college/university you will be attending). Now, in order to get this document, you will have to complete and send financial declaration form to your school stating that you have sufficient funds to cover your education. If you received a scholarschip, tuition waiver or any other financial assistance, both from university or private sources you will need to document this with original letters of support.
    The next thing to do would be to fill out an online DS-156 and perhaps additional forms -- DS-157, and DS-158 --attach a recent (not older than 3 -6 months) picture of yourself to DS-156 and you're set to go. Most likely you will have a talk with the consul who will make a decision whether the visa will be issued based on the papers you have. If you are funding your education, you might want to bring with you a bank statement, if you own property -- papers for that because they want to make sure you will return after completion of your degree.
    http://travel.state.gov/foreign_stud...s_handout.html
    Hope this helps and good luck!
    rachidgsm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2004, 08:46 AM
    F-2 Visa
    Moi rachid,rue 124 groupe 1 n'46 kenitra maroc :-*

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 to H1 Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi WHich tax form do u file my visa status changed from f1 to h1 on January 1, 2005 and I have been on the h1 this past year. Do I fill a 1040NR-ez or 1040-ez

H4 Visa Tax [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on H1B visa since June 2004. Before that I was on F1 visa from 2001 to 2004. I got married in May 2005 and my wife came to US on H4 visa in July 2005. She has not been working. I understand that I will have to apply with form W7 to get ITIN for my wife as she is not eligible for...

Federal Forms for a F1 Visa to H1 VISA [ 5 Answers ]

I understand many people are in the same boat and I am also in the Same boat as all. Let me present my case and have it clear understanding for all First I was on OPT status from 1st January 2004 to 13th Oct 2004. I changed my status from F1 -> H1B on 14th Oct 2004. Hence my status from 14th...

View more questions Search