Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LittleBachman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 12:39 PM
    My HP Mini Can't Connect To Other Wireless Networks
    All right, I've had this HP Mini for two years and it never gave me any trouble. Now (after some issues with a malware program I successfully removed) it won't connect to any wireless networks but the one at my house; Unsecured or secured that I have the Network Key for. I've been searching through forums from every tech site I can find but every solution I think might work and try, fails.

The network will show up, I'll try to connect to it, everything will be going fine, then I get the message: "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network."

BUT, when I try to manually renew said IP address using the command prompt it gives me these messages:

For plain ipconfig: "Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection: Media State . . . : Media disconnected"

For ipconfig/renew: "Window IP Configuration: No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected."

I'm using an ordinary XP operating system. I recently reloaded it because of the malware and then used a backup of my files and settings to get my hp mini back to the state it was before the whole ordeal. Now it will only connect to my home wireless network which defeats the purpose of having a small laptop I can take with me anywhere.

I've seen a few people who had the same problem but no one gave them a solution that worked. I've seen more than a few with similar problems whose solutions don't apply. Please, if a solution exists it would be more than greatly appreciated as I am quite literally at my witts end.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect to 2 wireless dsl networks to increase speed [ 7 Answers ]

I have a dsl line and a satalite wireless I use a router forthe dsl line. I would like to be able to connect to both networks at the same time in order to increase online speed. DSL is too slow as well as the satalite network where I am to download large files. The router is able to handle the...

How to connect two wireless networks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a college student. I am doing a project on wireless networks. I would like to connect all Zigbee networks in each floor into a single network controlled by a remote controller in a building. Thanks for your help.

Cannot connect to available wireless networks [ 11 Answers ]

I bought a new netbook and when I try to connect to any available wireless networks, they won't connect. This includes free hotspots also. I am only able to connect when I am at home through my router. Any ideas on how I can fix this. Thanks

How do I connect two wireless networks? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all I have a domestic situation. DSL modem to wireless router to switch (for the wired computers). I have wirelessly-connected computers all over the house, (Wireless g), with variable signal strength. For the computers that don't get a good wireless signal, I invested in mini-repeaters...

Wireless Networks [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a wireless network in my house for several months, and although there have been some minor problems, there has been nothing I can't handle. But recently, it's all gone pear-shaped! My computer can connect to my router, with no problems, and using the Belkin Wireless Monitor, I could...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.