Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tims1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 12:05 PM
    Repair spring in kohler courage xt6 starter
    I took off the plastic spool piece when I heard the tension spring uncoil . I have tried 20 times to recoil it but cannot figure it out
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 26, 2011, 12:25 PM

Might be easier to buy a replacement. I'm serious. You can buy just the top part already assembled. I've done a couple different brands over the years, Robyn, Briggs, Tecumseh. All of them seriously try your patience.

It's a real juggling act to rewind them, because you have to do three things at once. And still you will have to start over a few times. Wish there was an easy way to do it that could be explained online. But as you already found out... this is a difficult task to perform. And it takes a lot of manual dexterity and coordination.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy bilt 42" kohler courage 20 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My mower won't even turn over. Lights come on so I am guessing that the battery isn't dead

Kohler mower recoil starter rope won't rewind [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Husqvana lawn mower with a Kohler Courage XT-6/XT-7 (173 cc) vertical crankshaft. The starter rope broke. I removed the old rope. Most how to instructions indicate that the rope pulley should be turned counter-clockwise until it becomes difficult to turn before threading the new rope...

Craftsman weedwacker spring starter [ 1 Answers ]

Craftsman 32cc 2-cycle weedwacker needs spring-starter. How do I get the thing apart? I have the manual and I can't even get the drum/adapter off. Model No. 358.791072.

Repair o rings on a kohler K-10416 [ 3 Answers ]

How do I Repair the o rings on a Kohler K-10416 faucet?

Kohler engine 23hp starter or key switch? [ 1 Answers ]

Engine starter continues to crank after engine has started, also engine stalls after initual start.

View more questions Search