Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kylecorr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 09:15 AM
    94 Civic manual transmission syncro trouble
    This is the second of a 2-part question. Thanks txgreasemonkey for so clearly answering the first.

I believe I've used the wrong oil in my manual transmission resulting in some issues with my syncros (clicks when going from 1->2 or 2->3 gears).

- Would replacing the oil with the correct type make this click go away?
    - How do you replace/repare syncros... take it to a trany shop for overhaul?
    - Any idea what kind of cost I'm looking at?

Thanks!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2007, 09:29 AM
    1. There's a good chance replacing the transmission fluid with a 5W-30 synthetic synchromesh transmission fluid will solve the problem.
    2. To repair the synchros, you should either take it to Honda or to a shop that specializes in Honda/Acuras.
    3. I don't know approximately what the cost would be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 Civic Manual Transmission Oil Weight [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a 94 Civic DX 4-door with a manual transmission. I'm going to change the transmission fluid and my Haynes manual call for 10W-30 weight standard engine oil. It seem a little light weight (my pickup uses 90 weight) and I'm wondering if my crap Haynes manual is wrong. What weight oil is...

93 Voyager transmission trouble [ 1 Answers ]

Just curious... Our 93 Plymouth Voyager's engine runs great. But last week when my husband shifted it into gear {any gear}, the engine died. It starts up fine, stays running until we shift. Does this mean that the transmission is shot, maybe? This vehicle has over 200,000 miles on it. Thank you.

Transmission trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 88 Crown Victoria. The Overdrive quit a few weeks ago as I was going down the road and just acted like it wasn't there anymore, the engine started racing like it went to neutral. Now the transmission shifts rough and am getting less gas mileage as I am using it in Drive. Cut gas...

94 firebird transmission shifting trouble [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 94 firebird with the 350lt1 in it I just got it back from having the motor rebuilt there was nothing wrong with the tranny when I took it in but when I got it back it won't hardly shift. If you are going slow it won't shift at all you have to kind of push the gas hard and then it will...

View more questions Search