Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Babusservices Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 04:39 AM
    How to open access denied folder in secondary connected harddisk
    I was conneceted one hard disk as a secondary one I cantopen one folder in administrator login . It shows access denined
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 29, 2011, 08:26 PM
    The NTFS security permissions set on the folder determine which accounts have access. You may need to take ownership of the folder first using an Administrator account and then adjust the permissions as desired.
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Sep 28, 2011, 08:37 AM
    This can sometimes bug between operating systems, if you can not take ownership/still can't get in with admin account on your computer you will need to use a ERD disk to go in and change the permissions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Access denied [ 1 Answers ]

This message is coming when I am trying to open a folder from a computer in a local area network. The operating system is vista home \\computer\folder is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resources. Server to find out if you have access permission. Access is...

Vista: "Destination folder access denied" [ 10 Answers ]

On a Vista, I am logged in as administrator. Yet when I try to copy a file from the file server mapped as drive under "Computer' to my desktop or any folder on local drive, I get the following error: "Destination folder access denied" You need permission to perform this action Followed...

Access denied to D: [ 1 Answers ]

Someone has denied me the access to my D: of my PC. Whenever I click on D: it shows access denied. I have all my back ups there. Please help me out to open up my D:

Access Denied to folder... [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, can anyone help me? A while ago my computer had some problem, so I had to reinstall windows. When I got it all set up again, I noticed that some of my old documents had been saved from the previous installation. But now I cannot access the folder that these documents are in. When I try to...

View more questions Search