Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gong2x19 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 12:30 AM
    How do I fixed several power on and off the computer monitor?
    When I open the system, its normally functioning. But after a few minutes the monitor power off and on! But the system is normally running, only the monitor has malfunctioned! How do I fixed this.? Somebody help me.. is the monitor has a problem?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 26, 2011, 06:54 AM

Unless you are trained in electronics... and have the test equipment, AND schematics. You aren't going to be able to fix this yourself. If you did, you wouldn't be asking us this question.

Its time to buy a new monitor. There are dangerous voltages inside the unit that can kill you.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

May 26, 2011, 07:27 AM
    If your monitor is an LED flatscreen, try checking where the power plug goes into the back of the monitor. Since they almost always plug in upwards, they have a tendency to work themselves out if moved around. Also check where the plug goes into the wall or power strip and see if its nice and tight, if you use a power strip and it were loose at the wall, I suspect other things would be interupted as well. I had a monitor that would show the little green light which meant it was on but would not show a post screen. When I fully seated the loose power in the back the post screen came back. For some reason it had enough power to light the little light but not the back light.
    gong2x19 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 07:02 PM
    Comment on Appzalien's post
    But, my monitor is not a flat screen type. It is also like a TV screen.. old modern of a computer monitor.. but thanks for your info. I tried to apply that...
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

May 27, 2011, 03:53 PM
    You might want to check the outlet your plugging it into. Are the plugs prongs clean and fit snuggly into the wall socket?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Dell computer power button is blinking orange & no power [ 3 Answers ]

It was working fine. I changed the monitor and now the power light on the CPU is blinking orange and will not power up. Please help! It is a Dell Pentium 4. The monitor worked fine on another computer. I hooked up the old monitor and now it is still doing the same thing. PLEASE HELP!

Computer monitor want come on and power light is yellow want stay green. [ 1 Answers ]

What makes the monitor not power up, and the power light turn yellow.

Computer monitor as TV monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my desktop monitor with a larger, wide screen type. Is there a way I can use my old monitor (flat screen) as a television monitor? Is there a cable available to make the transition from a tuner or vcr to the monitor? Is there another device needed to make the transition? Thank...

View more questions Search