Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colekim42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2011, 08:00 PM
    Parent dies with a will and leaves house with all his children
    Father died and left the house in a will to his 4 children along with a mortgage. One of the kids wants to purchase the house. How do the others sell the house? Do they need to go through probate since there was a will. This is in Illinois.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 25, 2011, 11:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by colekim42 View Post
    ... Do they need to go through probate since there was a will. ...
    Yes.

They would file a probate petition whether there was a will. The personal representative (or "executor") would sell the property or, in some states, a sale would have to be approved by the probate court.
    colekim42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 07:52 AM
    How do you transfer a title to a home that was left in a will with out probate?
    A father died left house to his 4 kids. Can we transfer the title to the home to one of the siblings without going through probate?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 26, 2011, 07:57 AM

What State? Probably not.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 26, 2011, 07:58 AM

Please stop opening new threads.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 26, 2011, 08:10 AM
    (Please use Answer for more questions on one topic, instead of starting a new post.)
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 26, 2011, 09:54 AM

Many states have provision for transferring limited amounts of personal property (A mobile home is personal property, although if the decedent also owned the land, that would be considered real property.) by affidavit. It is a relatively inexpensive and easy way to handle the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preacher dies and leaves his church to his famous son [ 1 Answers ]

A preacher and also a father dies... he leaves the church to his son who is some famous rapper and the son comes home and there's drama with the family and... you its been awhile since I seen the previews but that's all I can remember

Movie where little girl dies and leaves a pink ribbon on a swing at the end [ 0 Answers ]

Movie where a little girl dies and comes back. She is in a house with other ghost. St the end she leaves a pink ribbon on a swing

How do I deal with my children after their daddy leaves [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everyone. Well I have 3 children. Their ages are 4 2 1. and their daddy is leaving back to Georgia for basic training(he is in the army) . He got hurt when he left in may and they sent him home for 30 days. Well me and their father is getting a divorce but we are still friends. But anyway when...

Airforce pilot dies and leaves single pregnant mom alone [ 1 Answers ]

There is a young woman who falls for an pilot she spend the night with him and he flys off to war. Then she hears that he was killed and later finds out she is pregnant. She could not let anyone find out so she went out of town to have the baby. Later she returned and her plan was to put the baby...

View more questions Search