Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wscanl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2011, 05:11 PM
    I have rattling pipes near service, rattling when no flow, ideas?
    I have a fairly soft knocking, random, when water is not running. Source of noise near water service entering home in attic. I have decent pressure but pipes are old galvanized with mineral deposit. Water heater nearby by also but noise not directly at the heater. Noise is in area where inlet runs up into attic for distribution. Any help appreciated, I have a home office and it drives me crazy during the work day.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 25, 2011, 06:17 PM

You can buy and install pipe strapping which will help. WM Harvey 014526 1-1/4" Galvanized Steel Pipe Strap

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rattling hot water pipes [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a boiler that also supplies the hot water to the kitchen and bathroom. Over the past 2 weeks, I've noticed a rattling noise coming from the pipes. It happens only in the mornings when turning on the hot water in the kitchen. The water spurts out and the noise gets louder the more I open...

Why are my hot water pipes suddenly rattling up a storm? [ 3 Answers ]

I had my 1940's home completely re-plumbed 23 years ago and have had relatively few problems until now. I recently had a failed water pressure regulator/valve replaced, ( I live in the hills and water pressure is very high, so the valve needs replacing every few years). Since then my water pipes...

Rattling pipes after upstairs flush [ 1 Answers ]

Big rattling noise in the wall! Seems to be OK if I turn on the faucet. This hasn't happened in the 20 years we've been here, but has happened 4 times in last month. Sometimes happens with a downstairs flush too, or when we do both close to the same time. Could this be air in the lines? How do we...

Rattling pipes [ 12 Answers ]

I live in a split foyer house built in mid 80's. I have had a problem with pipes rattling every since I moved there 7 years ago. The problem has worsened and now the pipes rattle all the time even when you are not using the water. Can you tell me what causes this and how to fix it?

Rattling Pipes [ 5 Answers ]

After we flush our downstairs commode the pipes rattle. What causes this and how can we fix it?

View more questions Search