Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    havefun Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2011, 04:11 PM
    Friends, boyfriend, and school work
    I'm 13 and very hyper like all the time now I'm always stressed out I guess that is what school does to you.. but anyway so about getting stressed about school when it comes to friends,boyfriend, and school work I don't know how to balance it all out! HELP!! HOW CAN I GIVE TIME FOR ALL OF IT I MEAN SCHOOL WORK I CAN HANDLE CAUSE IT IS DURING SCHOOL BUT WHAT ABOUT FRIENDS AND MY BOYFRIEND HELP ASAP THANKS
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2011, 04:16 PM

Schoolwork always comes first. That's not negotiable. Family is next, then friends, and last is a boyfriend.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 26, 2011, 05:02 PM

Sometimes, when you are feeling very overwhelmed with everything you feel you "have" to do, it can help to put yourself on a schedule. Actually write it out and hang it up in your room as a reminder.

As Wondergirl said, school work needs to come first. Figure out how much time you generally need to complete your work. Decide on a time that will work for you to complete it. Maybe right after school or right after dinner. Then stick to that schedule. Let your friends and boyfriend know so they won't bother you at that time. Stay off the computer at that time as well unless it pertains to your school work! No Facebook, no chatting online as it will only distract you.

Are there things that are important to your family? Dinners together for example? Chores on Saturday mornings? Family time? That would be something else to add to your schedule.

For friends and boyfriend, set maybe a weekend night or day to go out and do things. To spend more time with them, what about having them over to work on homework together?

If you don't have homework one day, then spend sometime with your friends at that time. Talk on the phone, online, or get together in person for awhile.
    greatstudent Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Jun 21, 2011, 03:26 PM
    Focus a lot on your school work. I mean, to some kids school is school, but it is going to help you in a long run in the future. I know exactly how you feel because I'm the same age as you, but just really focus on your school work. If your boyfriend really loves you, then he will understand, but just because he will understand doesn't mean you should never hang out with him until Summer break. You should still try to hang out with him. The best time to hang out with him is when you have no school work to do. The same with your friends. Hang out with your friends when you have time. If they are really your friends then they will understand. They will understand that you want to focus on your education when you need to.

Good luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best friends going out with my Ex Boyfriend... [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I was going out with him for over a year, which is a long time for someone my age (14) and we haven't even been broken up for 2months and she's going out with him. I am really upset, although I was the one that broke up with him. I really don't like him anymore, but I am hurt that I found out...

My friends like my boyfriend more than they like me [ 3 Answers ]

All right, so it's stupid. I know it is. But what if your whole steretyped persona revolved around wanting to be the center of attention and crap like that. You know those kind of people, they're not really annoying, they just like attention, as do we all. I am one of those people, I like the...

My boyfriend and his ex are still friends. [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and me have been going out for about four months now. He always tells me how much he loves me and how perfect for him I am. The only problem is that he is still best friends with his ex. If I tell him something, she always seems to find out, and as I go to a different college to him,...

Middle school - friends [ 2 Answers ]

I'm starting middle school and I'm a little nervous about making/choosing friends. I like smone stuff that is a little different - I'm not into all the stuff that is popular right now. Any syggestions?

Middle School, Social, and Friends. [ 8 Answers ]

Its hard in the seventh grade. Actually it's the hardest grade of middle school and now I think the more friends I get, the more friends I forget (or they forget about me) like my best friend miko. We've been friends since the fourth grade and now I think I'm losing her. How do I get her back?

View more questions Search