Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ustilts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2011, 08:58 AM
    Yep, another "she needs space" thread.
    Don't these get old for you guys? So here's my situation, my ex and I were together for almost two years, on our one year anniversary I proposed to her, and she accepted. A month or so later, we bought a car and a house together. We've been living together for over a year and a half, we have a lot of stuff together. Well one day I came home and she had basically moved completely out, without warning. Everything seemed good the night before, {... } The next day she was gone. All of our bills and our bank account is in both of our names. She told me that she needed space, and that she didn't know who she was anymore. I'm pretty much already aware that this is the end, and that somehow I ****ed up the best relationship I've had yet, so now I guess I'm moving on, after we dicuss all the bills and bank account situation I'll move on into the NC stage and start investing more of my time elsewhere. Here's 2 of my main problems. Since we have all of this stuff together, obviously, I can't afford it by myself. So I'm looking at working 60+ a week just to stay afloat, cutting all the corners I can. Her car is in my name, and it's a long way from being paid off. She can't put it into her name, her parents won't help her, but she begged me to keep it. I'm a nice guy, but if I let her make payments on it, we'll have to stay in contact one way or another because I have to make payments by phone, they won't allow her to do it. This messes up the NC which, I've been on the opposite end of and let me tell you what, that sh*t works. I've never wanted to go back to any of my ex's but being on the opposite end of the NC makes you feel like sh*t. In past relationships, I find comfort in coming home and doing whatever to keep my mind off the girl. But now, every time I come home I see the house we bought together filled with the stuff we picked out together. I can throw everything I have away, but I can't just move out of the house. I do have a few good friends, but there all in relationships (Long term as was I) and we all know being the third wheel is not a good idea. I want to expedite the process and move on, I don't want to have a rebound girl, but I've found in the past that talking to other girls makes me feel better. I know it will seem silly, but as much as I'd like to think my friends would be there for me, knowing the nature of their relationships the extent of them being there for me wouldn't be much. My ex and I spent 99% of our time together, and her complaint was sometimes that we didn't have enough time to spend together. I'm mostly worried that her sudden change of heart is due to medicine that she is taking for mood swings. The pain she's put me through I'm sure most of you know is rough to say the least. But having said this, should I try to stick with it through the "break"? To see if its just the medicine (it has been in the past problems with not taking the right dosage or correct medicine) She swears she loves me and that she can only see a future with me, but then will turn around and say that she just needs time to find herself. I was thinking the NC would be a good way to go, but its VERY hard do to our circumstances and the fact that she is my best friend, the only one I talk to about everything. What do you guys think?
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

May 25, 2011, 09:26 AM
    Ustilts. . You have a very difficult situation. In your case, financially, you need to keep in contact. That can be very limited to only talking about bills and whatnot, but contact never-the-less.

My advice is to hold fast to NC for anything involving you relationship unless she is approaching you with it. As far as medication goes, I'm thinking she is either on Depression/Anxiety meds or Bi-polar medication? If she has been using these for some time, she should not be jumping from Bad-to-Good (that is what the medicine is designed for). Did she stop taking it?

Tread lightly with this situation, you have to keep yourself afloat, even if means getting having to pursue a lawyer in the long run.

I'm sorry this has happened to you, best of luck and keep your head up.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 26, 2011, 04:17 AM

I think you make an appointment with the lawyer now-why would you foot the bills for an,yes,ex?

You have grasped the most likely meaning of ''needing space''-now work on saving your financial life and on moving on with your personal life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

Yep, I'm still complaining about moving! [ 17 Answers ]

So, I recently found out that since we've only lived in this "dream house" for 6 years and not 20 it's not considered an INVESTMENT... here in Montreal!! (What home is not an investment?? ). Here in the darned province, (Quebec) you actually do not make money on your home! So, the agent told me...

Another she needs space thread, but hopeful (Very long) [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all, I've been lurking here for a few days reading others problems and advice and it's helped a lot with my situation, so thanks all you experts on here. This is going to be real lengthy novel-like post to get all I can out there, but any views on it would be greatly appreciated, I really...

Yep, another 80's sci fi question.. [ 1 Answers ]

There was a series with a man who has special powers when he looked into the sun.. He always wore sun glasses.. any ideas ?

Yep, the joke of the day & redneck TOO! [ 1 Answers ]

:p Two blondes had driven across the country to see Disney World in Florida. As they approached it and got onto the final stretch of highway, they saw a sign saying "Disney World left". After thinking for a minute, the driver blonde said "Oh well!" and started driving back home. Why Engineers...

View more questions Search