Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aritter144 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2011, 07:20 AM
    Unlevel Pool
    WE recently bought an above ground Intex pool that is 24'x52" and we got it set up, looked pretty good then we got it filled up and it is 6" unlevel on about 1/2 of the pool. Is that too much? I am afraid of swimming in it, I don't want it to collapse. Should we drain it and start over? Thanks so much for your help.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 25, 2011, 08:02 AM

6" out of level is significant, and keep in mind it will not get better over the life of the pool. There is no way to raise one side once the pool is filled so starting over is the difficult but correct decision to make. You need to learn how to level your base using a level, transit or water tube. YouTube - ‪Swimming Pool Installation - What to Expect - 1 of 2‬‏
    trsgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 09:21 AM
    Buy 3 stakes with holes near the top, about 50' of string and a string level.

One stakes at each edge, one in the center. Use the same hole to run the string, hang the level one one side, pound in the edge stake until it's level. Measure up to the string from the ground. One will be longer than the other. You can DIG OUT on high side, (not easy but cheap, use one of those scratchers tools for the garden, and a large HOE) or add dirt to the low side, or combination of both.

Keep moving the edge stake round the sides, until it's AT LEAST within 1" all the way from one to the other.

Mine was only off by 2 1/2" on the high side, and I had a foot of empty pool last year on that side.

And NO you can't do it full, you MUST empty it. If you think you have it, and start to fill it, and the water immediately rolls into one end or to the side, STOP. Get the pool out of there, and put a little more dirt, or dig some more.

DON'T try to overfill the high side, sometimes when they go, they REALLY GO.

I am alone and weigh 120 lbs. I did it myself and so can you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unlevel pool [ 13 Answers ]

I just filled my pool up and it unlevel 2in on one side and 3 on the other its in the same spot from last year and it wasn't that unlevel could I dig around the poles on the higher side to bring it down? What can I do without having to drain it.

Unlevel pool [ 8 Answers ]

We just had an above ground pool put in and the company that put it in I would not recommend to anyone. It is unlevel about 1 1/2 to 2 inches. I was wondering if it was safe to use or do we need them to drain it and level it up right? By the way it took them 4 weeks to put it up.

Unlevel pool [ 2 Answers ]

I never set my pool at a completely level spot! Will this really hurt anything or will it do OK its about 3-5 inches unlevel maybe a little less?

Unlevel pool [ 4 Answers ]

We just installed an above ground pool. When we filled it it is unlevel on one side please what can we do?

Unlevel pool [ 1 Answers ]

Our son put our 15 ft. round metal frame pool up today. I got home while it was filling. It is about 3 1/2 - 4 inches unlevel in an area. I have started draining it but can I prop the legs up that much? If not is there a way to fix the problem without taking the whole pool apart? Thanks S. ...

View more questions Search