Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lemoncheri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2011, 10:39 PM
    Adding my name to my husbands mortgage
    I want to add my name to a property that my common law husband owns how do I do that
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 25, 2011, 03:13 AM

Your title and question are actually two separate questions. To add your name to the mortgage, requires refinancing the loan. To add your name to the deed requires the lender's permission.

Also, most areas no longer allow common law marriages. So are you sure you are legally a wife? ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding husbands name to deed that is only currently in wife's name [ 2 Answers ]

How do I add my name to the deed to our house that is currently only in my wife's name?

Adding Someone to the mortgage [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé is selling his home to move in with me and I wanted to add his name to the mortgage. I have asked the Mortgage provider who says we need a solicitor for a Transfer of Equity. What does this entail?? As his name is on the mortgage does it have to put on the deeds. Thanks

Adding my husbands name to the deed of our home [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to add my husbands name to the deed of our home

Adding my name to a mortgage [ 6 Answers ]

Hi My sister is struggling with her mortgage alone, and as asked me if I would like to go in on the mortgage to cut down her monthly payments. I think this is a investment for me, as it is so difficult to get on the property ladder these days. How do you go about it? Does she have to re...

View more questions Search