Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gkredman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2011, 01:48 PM
    Claim for accident
    We want to know if this will be a claim with ICBC. My husband was at the gas station and checked the oil. He unknowingly did not click the hood down. Shortly after getting on the highway the hood flew up, hit and broke the windshield and dinted the hood. Could we claim this accident with ICBC since my husband did not click down the hood.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 24, 2011, 03:59 PM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Does he know for a fact that he didn't click the hood down. Submit the claim and see what happens.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 27, 2011, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gkredman View Post
    We want to know if this will be a claim with ICBC. My husband was at the gas station and checked the oil. He unknowingly did not click the hood down. Shortly after getting on the highway the hood flew up, hit and broke the windshield and dinted the hood. Could we claim this accident with ICBC since my husband did not click down the hood.

Your husband checked the oil in his car at a gas station. He did not lock the hood and pulled out. The hood flew up and broke the windshield and was dented.

You want to know if you can sue the gas station.

No, you cannot. How was the gas station negligent?

Now, if there is anyone who should be sued it's your husband. Unfortunately you cannot sue yourself.

Or are there too many "he's" in your sentence? Did a gas station employee check the oil? Then it's a different story and, yes, the station is responsible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check on accident claim [ 2 Answers ]

I was stopped at a red light and it turned green and the lady in front of me started going then just stopped suddenly,and I tapped the back of her car I had to flag her down to get over to exchange insuraance info but she only give me her name and was irrate and didn't want ti call police and...

Accident claim [ 21 Answers ]

After a claim is filed how long do I have to get treatment for injurys I mean one year two years. Does my attorney have to tell me if insurance company makes an offer do I get to decide

Car accident claim [ 1 Answers ]

The story: I was involved in a accedent on 8/31/08, the dude side swiped me from the back bumber to the driverside door. I was stupid and did not call the police. I was driving my sister's car, trying to save on gas on a V4. I tooked all the info I needed from him. He admitted his fault. The car...

Accident - Claim [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All : I have been in an accident about a month ago. Please give me some advice on what I can do. I were already in the circle when a taxi drove into me. My car can't be repaired. What am I to do? Can I put in a claim in against the driver / owner of the taxi? Located - South Africa -...

Auto Accident Claim [ 7 Answers ]

Three cars were involved in a collision on an icy road. Car 1 hit his brakes to avoid another car in front of him. Car 2 hit her brakes but slid into Car 1. I am Car 3. I see them collide and move to the next lane over to avoid a collision, but when Car 2 hits Car 1, she slides sideways into my...

View more questions Search