Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

May 23, 2011, 09:35 PM
    What exactly does the doctor mean by "pelvic rest?"
    I am 10 weeks pregnant, and had some bad pain in my lower abdomen last night, followed by a very light pink tint to my discharge.

The spotting following pain worried me so I went to see the doctor this morning. They did an ultrasound, and said everything looks just fine, thank God!

However, the doctor said I needed "pelvic rest." She said my husband and I can't "be intimate" for 2 weeks!

Does this mean there just can't be any penetration? Or does this mean I shouldn't climax at all for 2 weeks? I'm wondering because I know the uterus does contract during orgasm.

(I tried to ask this question to the doc, but she wasn't my normal doc, and didn't seem to want to discuss anything having to do with intimacy.)
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

May 24, 2011, 02:24 AM

Also tonight I just discovered a pink tint again when I went to the bathroom, and I got some paper and checked an inch or two inside and got back red blood.

At first I assumed it was because of the vaginal ultrasound I had today, but I checked myself for bleeding right afterward and had no blood then. I'm not having any pain tonight though.

I can see why the doc wouldn't want me to have sex right now, but I hope that doesn't mean we can't satisfy each other in other ways. :(
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 24, 2011, 03:33 AM

Hi franneh,

In most cases, pelvic rest means just that... no sex, no orgasms. Your doctor's concern is a threatened miscarriage and, while it may be a bit frustrating right now, it is very important that you follow the recommendation.

For the next two weeks, you'll have to find a hobby to keep you occupied... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Who sang song, possibly called "forever yours", in film "the perfect storm" [ 2 Answers ]

Who sang song, possibly called "forever yours", in film "the perfect storm" and can it be bought as a cd?

View more questions Search