Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rrevellohelpme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 01:02 PM
    4/0 URD
    Hi, I have a electrical pole existing with a meter and a 200amp breaker with disconnect. I want to run 4/0 URD to my home from that location see any problems?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 23, 2011, 01:34 PM
    I don't see any issues. Do you have any concerns? URD is very popular.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 wire urd [ 3 Answers ]

I think I have it figured out but want to review. I can run 4 wire urd direct bury ( not a good choice but can) from remote meter base/ disconnect 200amp. As long as I run some conduit from disconnect to trench and again from trench to conduit through LB and conduit to panel I'm good. I can use urd...

Should aluminum urd be buried in a conduit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm putting power into an small barn (about 40 amps) -- 300 feet from the house main panel. I want to use #6 Al URD to save $$ instead of 6-3 Direct Burial. Does the #6 Al URD need to be put in a conduit? Can I run it panel to panel?

What type #6-3 alum. Wire from my main service across the basement to aluminum URD [ 0 Answers ]

The URD is in 2" metal conduit. It services a 50 amp detached garage.What type aluminum wire should be used between the main panel, and the junction box located at the "service" side of the conduit in the basement? Can I run aluminum through the basement in "free air"?

What is urd wire [ 6 Answers ]

What does the type URD stand for. I know we use it for direct burial. And I was wondering what it meant. Thanks STARLITE

View more questions Search