Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyJML Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 11:25 AM
    How to get started?u
    How do I get my demo to a famous person to get recognition instead doing the whole local thing it several people that been doing music for several years and still haven't got anywhere. I also want to model and do commercials how do I got about making that happen ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 23, 2011, 12:02 PM

You find an agent. It solves the fashion modeling, commercial modeling and music problems.

I don't know anyone, totally unknown, who has walked into an agent's office and been "discovered." It takes years of behind-the-scene preparation and work. The "local thing" is the way to get experience and be seen.

Are you near a big city? Very often agencies hold open calls. You do, however, need a PROFESSIONAL portfolio or demo disc.

A pregnancy is obviously going to take you off the market for a period when modeling and is involved. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...ny-577809.html

May 23, 2011, 12:21 PM

See I never understood all those things I'm pretty sure it take money to get started far as commercials and modeling go right? I'd so how much u think it take to start with? And I'm from Pensacola kind of boring here and not much of nothing goes on here. It was one time a modeling agency came to new world landing and I didn't get picked because I'm assuming I was to short I'm only 5'4... idk I think if I had a list step by step of how to get where I'm trying to get then I could do it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2011, 12:25 PM

Nowadays, height isn't a problem. But you need to stand out somehow. Do you?

Like Judy said, you need to find an agent and put together a portfolio. Pensacola is big enough to have agents around -- and in this electronic world, you can find an agent anywhere and send videos and photos and your portfolio via computer.
    Uber Member

May 23, 2011, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyJML View Post
    See I never understood all those things I'm pretty sure it take money to get started far as commercials and modeling go right? I'd so how much u think it take to start with? And I'm from Pensacola kinda boring here and not much of nothing goes on here. It was one time a modeling agency came to new world landing and I didn't get picked because I'm assuming I was to short I'm only 5'4...idk I think if I had a list step by step of how to get where im trying to get then I could do it.

I modeled, in NYC, by the way. I had an agent. I'm 5'4". Your height will keep you off the runway. There are other opportunities. I had a great liquor contract, paid my bills for a while, I got residuals after that. My roommate had a contract with Coppertone. She was drop dead gorgeous but knocked on a lot of doors before she was "discovered."

There is no step by step guide. I told you - be seen. That leads to public attention which leads to an agent which leads to job.

I have no idea what the cost of a modeling portfolio by a professional who specializes (not just some guy on the corner) is today.

May 23, 2011, 02:46 PM
    Did u have to pay a lot of money to get professional photos and what's the cost of agent
    Uber Member

May 23, 2011, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyJML View Post
    Did u have to pay alot of money to get professional photos and what's the cost of agent

Did you read what I wrote? "I have no idea what the cost of a modeling portfolio by a professional who specializes (not just some guy on the corner) is today." Call photographers in your area and ask for the cost of a professional portfolio.

Agents work on commission (or at least they did). You don't pay in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2011, 06:27 PM

Yes, professional head shots and other modeling photos can cost 100's, but will be needed in the modeling world.

While many agents work on commission, some also charge some fees. But also you will have to begin often at local events, malls and more. Also extra's in movie sceens ( not paid and often long days) Just to have your scene cut before it makes it to production.

And many will work years and years ( they entire life) and never get rich or make it famous, but they will make a living doing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When we started the furnace this year, it started, turned it off now it won't start. [ 0 Answers ]

It was working great, we turned the furnace in the off position on the wall, and now it won't start! I've reset the breakers over and over, even waited an hour, thinking time was of the essence... still won't come on. Old units: Luxaire inside unit Model ECC030GKA, Kenmore outside unit Model...

Started NC [ 8 Answers ]

Ok so I just started no contact with my ex and I am not sure if I am going to make it. See the thing is the last time and saw him we were good terms and all but then I do not know I just got to hard for me so I started crying. Well I left the persons house I called him saying I needed to talk he...

Getting started in NY [ 1 Answers ]

Are there specific labeling laws for ny for selling cookies by mail order Is it easy to find product specific packaging?

Just started. [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been going out for about a week now. We have shown a real connection between each other since the day we met. I am in year 8 and she is in year 7 and lately I've had to do a few assignments and other tasks and I haven't been able to spend that much time with her. Should I...

Just started looking [ 6 Answers ]

Hey Guys, I am looking for a skin whitner, but some of the stories are scaring me, I am I guess milk chocolate, and would like to be between asian and hispanic. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search