Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adz_11421593 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 11:00 AM
    I want to lay sod, but I need some help or information on preparing the ground.
    I want to lay sod, but I need some help or information on preparing the ground.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 23, 2011, 11:11 AM

A good raking to remove small rocks and clods of earth, and levelling, good top soil, lay sod, water well.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to lay sod, but I need some help or information on preparing the ground. [ 3 Answers ]

I've spoken to a landscaper that said I should soak the ground for a few days and then lay the sod on the ground. He said that if I get a fertilizer that promotes root growth that it should be fine. I want to know if I should do anything else to help prepare the soil. Thanks for any advice!

Planting VS Sod in my yard [ 6 Answers ]

I would really like to get some grass planted or sod put down in my yard. I have a few concerns. Firstly it is in an area that doesn't get a lot of direct sunlight. I recently moved to Southern California and noticed the grass here is somewhat different, possibly due to amount of water. I am...

Sod over ground out tree stump? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a very large white poplar cut down and the stump ground out. The stump was ground about 4 inches below level and some of the roots are almost to the surface. The backyard that this tree is in is almost all bare soil and weeds. I have been spraying weedkiller and plan on tilling and grading to...

New sod, tree dying [ 6 Answers ]

I planted new sod, now my tree is dying, can anyone help me:confused:

Sod addiction [ 12 Answers ]

OK so due to my acne I decided to give up soda!I am addicted to soda. I can easily drink 3 a day <diet> well I haven given it up for a wile. But I feel completely different w/o it!I feel lik ! I just feel so week !I don't want to ever drink soda again but I might have to because I never feel...

View more questions Search