Ask
    mail2abhishek99 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 12:22 AM
    Blue baby
    What is blue baby?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 23, 2011, 02:18 AM

"Blue Baby' signifies a cyanotic conditon meaning a blue tinge to the skin caused by low oxygen in the blood stream.

Tick
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

May 23, 2011, 05:36 AM

It's often associated with nitrite levels. High levels of nitrite interfere with the ability of blood to carry oxygen. The reuslting condition is known as methemoglobinemia. It's characterized by shortness of breath and blueness of skin.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 23, 2011, 09:53 AM

For more information, you can use Google :)

Or wikipedia which has a lot of links for further reading: Blue baby syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 24, 2011, 01:03 PM

As Unknown said, there are several causes, including cardiac problems. I do note that it is advised that nitrate (which I am assuming was meant) levels be checked when well water is involved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a saw model # 917,351,482 baby blue of all things but runs exception. [ 4 Answers ]

Need cover plate to cover air filter. Serial number 0026573 17 inch bar. Fuel cap says mix with sae 30 motor oil. Just curious if 2cycle could be harmful to the saw. And one last question it has a funky looking chain on it never seen anything like it before any idea how old the saw is? Still new...

Blue at inner corner of eye and over bridge of nose 2month baby [ 2 Answers ]

The blue under baby's eye is more in the inner corner of eye. It goes from the corner of eye over bridge of nose to other eye like one continuous blue band. This comes and goes. It is not just there when she has a stuffy nose, but also when there is no other symptoms.

90's toy,it is a blue teddy bear from baby gund [ 2 Answers ]

HELLO,I am looking for a toy that is from a Canada babygund,it is a blue teddy bear.There are a butterfly rubbon on its neck.PLEASE HELP ME.. I have already found it for5 years,:( THANKS.. :o Its photos.. http://ser3.share.ysk.cc/upload/photo/20090823/1251014223-GKPakouy16.gif thanks for help!!!

Blue girl has baby with Egyptian God [ 1 Answers ]

This movie is about an Egyptian God that is being sentenced to death, as his last wish he wants to seek out this special "being" that he can breed with. This girl is blue, in one sceen she cries blue tears and they stain this mans arm... The god is in spirit form and has to take over a humans body...

View more questions Search