Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unknowngirl123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Cases like this simply disgust me. How can such parent's call themselves Muslim? Family honor? Murder? Who do they fear more, Allah who gave us (yes, including Muslim girls) the LEGAL right to marry whom we wish, or society that just needs someone to mock at.. Tell your parents there are clear cut ahadith by the Prophet condemning forced marriages and urging parent's to ask the will of the daughter before giving here hand for marriage. And what other posters have mentioned are correct. Racism is prohibited in Islam, your partner should be a pious person who is loving and capable of supporting you and a family and that is the best Husband in the eyes of Allah. Rest aside, Afghanistan and certain parts of Pakistan really are not much different in customs and culture, so I don't understand why they are making it such an issue. Tell them if you cannot marry your boyfriend fine, but you will not marry someone else either. And what they are doing is blackmailing to emotionally direct your decision in their favour, I highly doubt they'd go through with it. Why don't you go to school/work etc elsewhere, in a different city, and secretly get married without your family knowing? With the passage of time, they would get over the madness and would hopefully accept your marriage one day, Wish you all the best, please let us know what happens :)
    WesternBinFred Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 12:36 AM
    What type of nut job are you as the guy has already proposed. The man is a muslim and she has already been with him so its best all round if she marries him anyway. I fear for her safety if she marries her cousin and they find out she isn't a virgin. What kind of culture supports incest anyway?
    WesternBinFred Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 12:42 AM
    Only just read your story and am very worried so please give an update. Hope you ran away with your boyfriend but judging by the lack of updates I fear not.
    Sharwina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2012, 07:41 PM
    I am not a Muslim... and I am planing to convert as time goes by I discover the difficulties of changing my point of view. And your story is anew thing to me... Our parents know what is the best for us.. but at the end of day we have to choose what fit for us in terms of Love and our own Life. If you cannot breath anymore just move on and leave the situation at ease... you have to focus on yourself.. for us in the Phil girl have their freedom. But if you can see the situation is not getting any help for you... Lie low two years is a long process to plan and to think the best action. But if everything is so hard accept the reality marry your cousin and be a good wife maybe that is the really meant for you.. because sometimes no matter how we try to argue and this agree the more its more difficult... Follow your parents for they know what is the best for you. But it doesn't meant you forget your love... its always their sooner or later you will forget him.
    waseem667 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2013, 02:12 PM
    Sister don't know what has happened to you I was really worried when seeing this stuff as in afghanistan and some pakistan areas they do kill if ever you don't agree to marry the one ones parents wants to or if you have had a boyfriend I am under the same problem as my girlfriend is pathan and I am a punjabi but we do plan for ourselves to be together forever as there is no way even after trying that our marriage could take place especially by hers parents agreeing on it and as we are madly in love with one other we plan to do what's the best for us and I hope you too had done the same as otherwise your cousin might have killed you or your father might have if you wouldn't have agreed to marry your cousin I hope some educate these monters of ruining the lives of their children.AMEEN.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If a muslim says that he is cristian for fake, is that a sin in islam? [ 2 Answers ]

Dear all, If a muslim (soni) goes to germany and start living there and get the citizenship by telling germans that he is Cristian, just for fake to achieve his goal.(citizenship) but he is real muslim... is that a sin in ISLAM

Are muslim women allowed to have male friends [ 3 Answers ]

As Salaam Alaikum I am convert to islam 5 years ago. As Live goes on I gotnow two beatyfull children and very happy whit my faith and believe. However my husband said to me today when I came back from the garden were I was as usually talking to my naighbour for more than 1 hour. I must say wayne...

Islam the same as muslim? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok this probably sounds like a really stupid question and I apologize if it does BUT... my husband just got back from Egypt a few months ago and he is under the impression that there is a difference between Islam and Musllims? He said it is like differences in christians and catholics. Just...

Is love with non muslim girl prohibited in islam? [ 12 Answers ]

Assalaamu alaikum, I have very serious problem in my life,I fell in love with a hindu girl one year ago.She is studying in my college.. I am currently doing my final year B.E. and she also same but not my own class. I saw her during one group activity and very attracted...

Working with non muslim is OK in Islam or no? [ 1 Answers ]

How is working with non muslim in Islam?

View more questions Search