Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xMerlina Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2011, 02:46 PM
    Historical/Traditional Francophone Food?
    For a French project, we're supposed to bring in a Francophone dish that has some sort of traditional or historical story behind it. I'd prefer that it be really simple because I have to bring it to school and share it with 14 people, so a dessert would probably be best. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2011, 05:27 PM

Probably the easiest in that case would be a cheese board, with different types of cheeses. Many French cheeses have stories and history.

Or Tarte Tatin?

May 23, 2011, 03:53 PM
    Comment on Eileen G's post
    I never even considered cheese! I might go out and by some cheese, or maybe find a tart. Thanks so much!
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2011, 10:42 AM
    Tarte tatin is a sort of upside down apple pie. It's quite easy to make, and considered very French.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 24, 2011, 10:47 AM
    Does it have to be french from France? The Québécois and Acadians have many dishes as well.

May 24, 2011, 05:44 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    It can be Francophone, but I just ended up buying a pear tart.
    Alethia312 Posts: 45, Reputation: 5

Jun 27, 2011, 07:21 AM
    Ratatouille! That's the only French dish I know. Thanks to Disney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Fast food restaurants Have signs saying their food might cause Cancer? [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a sign outside jackn the box, saying that their foods are cooked in something that creates their food to have posibliity of causing cancer. My question is... if that's a risk to consumers, then why even make the food that way? Can't they cook it in a healthier form? And doesn't the FDA...

The top ten historical figures likely to be found in Historical Novels [ 5 Answers ]

What ten historical figures are most likely going to be the ones come across while reading historical novels?

Dry food or wet food for puppy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just got an 8 week old Daschund puppy and I'm not sure if I should give him wet food or dry food? Thank You. :confused:

Dog.cat food.table food [ 7 Answers ]

I got a dog from my mother in law whom got her from a guy who got her from someone who couldn't take care of her. Well I believe she was beat and starved. When she got here she wouldn't eat or drink. She peed everywhere, and she is terrified of kids and loud people. She rarley goes to anyone beside...

View more questions Search