Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cassq2500 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Could this be caused by the Depo shot?
    Can somebody help me? I got the Depo shot for the first time in November for the first time. Since about a month after I have had nothing but problems like I have been bleeding more regular than usual menstrual periods last, itchiness down there, burns to pea, back pain, my breasts have been hurting etc. I have been tested for std's and come back negative do u think it could be from the shot?

Thank u
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 27, 2007, 06:48 AM
    The bleeding can be a temporary side effect of the shot. However the burning on urination sounds like a urinary tract infection (UTI) and the itchiness sounds as though it may be a yeast infection. You should contact your health care provider to have a urinalysis done to make sure it is a UTI.
    judgejud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Just wanted to comment about depo. I have been on depo for 9 years. I am 31 years old and have many gyn issues at present. My gyn is lost, because I am on depo. So I have been booked in for laparoscopy. The US and blood test have showen nothing. I have 3 children, twins 13.5 and 9 year old. I just wonder if I went too far with depo shots. Have I made a big mess of my lower abdo. There is not enough reseach for long term effects of depo. I too was put on depo due to health reason. I had no side effect at all until 2 years ago when I started to get lower abdo pain. I also had CIN 3 3 years ago. I will let you know the outcome of my laparoscopy. However I have been lucky, as I have 3 children, but perhaps some of you may not due to depo. Do heaps of reseach and thing about this. My pain is so bad, that I wish they would take everything out.
    Judy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding during sex... after depo shot [ 12 Answers ]

I have had bleeding during intercourse 2 times since going off depo provera, (which stopped my periods for over 2 years)... most of the time I don't bleed... but what could this mean? Is it a start of my periods return after depo? Or an infection non related to the drug? If you have taken this drug...

Depo Shot [ 18 Answers ]

I just started the depo shot about 5 days ago... so far all I have heard about it is horror stories... I am glad to report that so far I haven't had any side affects... only a little more sensitive... but then again it hasn't even been a week yet... I kind of just got on it with out asking any...

When will I get my period after going off the Depo Vera Shot ? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Amy. My next due date for my shot is Jan. 17th. But I am not getting it anymore due to my body feeling uncomfortable, I was gaining weight, always felt bloated and I read somewhere that if you have depression you shouldn't be on it, which I do and take Zoloft for it. I was only on...

Depo shot & missed periods [ 19 Answers ]

I was on depo for over a year. I had my last shot in October 2005 & never returned for another because after going to the dr. for tonsillitis he informed that the depo shot was the reason I had been gaining weight so quickly & my sex drive was completely gone. That having been said I have been...

The depo birthcontrol shot [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on the depo shot for six months and I was suppose to go back sept 29,2006 for my third shot but I did not go on the 29th when my shot was due I had cramps in my lower stomach area and I was bleeding but not heavy I'm I trying to start my periode so soon or what.:eek:

View more questions Search