Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lifes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2011, 08:11 AM
    Can you help here?
    My mum had a chest CT scan which showed a 4mm lung nodule. She had a second CT of the same area which showed the nodule had grown to query 6mm. She has been told to have a PET scan. I am worried that the PET scan will show up metastases even though her oxygen saturation level is 98% and the doctor has said her chest and lungs are in pretty good shape and the PET scan is more likely to show little cancers rather than mets
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 22, 2011, 09:18 AM

What help do you want? It seems this should have been posted under one of the medical forums, not here.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 22, 2011, 03:55 PM

Is she given it so serious that she is dying ? How long has she been given to live ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 23, 2011, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifes View Post
    My mum had a chest CT scan which showed a 4mm lung nodule. She had a second CT of the same area which showed the nodule had grown to query 6mm. She has been told to have a PET scan. I am worried that the PET scan will show up metastases even though her oxygen saturation level is 98% and the doctor has said her chest and lungs are in pretty good shape and the PET scan is more likely to show little cancers rather than mets

What is your question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search