Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2011, 03:36 PM

Ipod touches with their multitasking abilities

iPod or iPad?
    Michael18 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2011, 03:39 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Ipod Touch 4'th Generation. Multitasking capabilities, two high definition cameras both on the front and back, high resolution retina display screen, and a high definition built in microphone.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2011, 03:40 PM

Who buys you these toys? Who is teaching you to drive?

May 22, 2011, 05:10 PM
    My parents got me my iPod last christmas. My mom and dad are showing me to drive, all I have to do is ask "can I go for a drive?" And then I go for a drive with them, so I can get more practice.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2011, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael18 View Post
    I want them to treat me like I am mature enough to run my own life/time schedule.
    Why do you think you are mature enough? What have you done that shows maturity?

May 22, 2011, 05:54 PM
    I have shown them maturity through keeping my grades up, being a leader and role model for people in school and following up on deadlines. I do admit that I haven't been doings things around the house. I need to proactively help them with things around the house without them hinting to me that they want things to be done.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2011, 06:03 PM

So how are you going to know what to do? In the past, your OCD mom has pushed you aside.

Do you make your bed every morning? Could you clean the bathroom sink to her satisfaction?

Do you know how to cook anything?

What about college or vocational training?

May 22, 2011, 06:43 PM
    Between homework, and dishes, there really isn't anything that needs to be done around the house. If they ask me to do something, I do it, it's not like I refuse to do anything. I keep my stuff clean too. They're just tired of me coming home on weekday evenings and not doing anything "active."

What I do is produce techno music, and listen to music, and chat with my friends over social networking sites. But my father doesn't find me making music productive, but me producing music is what I want to do as a job in the near future.

I wanted to be the worlds best chef, I know how to cook excellently. But now I am more heavily influenced by music and art. I would cook for my parents but they think that I am not "sanitary" enough to cook them food. But I follow federal food safety standards such as washing my hands for at least twenty seconds and keep uncleanly things from touching cleanly things. But my parents always say that I don't wash my hands long enough. So I don't cook them anything.

I make my bed everyday and tell my parents when the sheets need to be switched and they grab them for me and I replace them. They don't want me using the washer and drier for my own cloths because they don't want it do be dirty when they use it, for sanitary reasons.

I keep everything sanitary that I use around the house. Although when my mom and dad asked me to clean up dog urine or vomit around the house... I didn't/don't do that. (It rarely happens.)

I want to go the Art Institutes of portland and get a masters in music production, DJ'ing, culinary arts, and fine arts.

And am also going to get my license asap, and find a full time job, and after a few months I will have enough money saved up to go somewhere.

I will be filling out applications for scholarships asap too.

After my graduation, I am going to go with a local DJ I know to his gigs and learn some of the ropes to get a basic understanding of sound systems and DJ'ing.

I was wondering what you meant by saying my mother pushed me aside?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2011, 06:50 PM
    I was wondering what you meant by saying my mother pushed me aside?
    YOU said that. You said your mother refuses to allow you to cook and even do your own laundry because of her fear of germs.

What do you cook "excellently"?

May 22, 2011, 07:04 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    I had forgotten that I had previously posted that they didn't want me doing the laundry. I got it mixed up whem I posted about my parents casting me aside not wanting me to cook for them.

May 24, 2011, 10:42 PM
    I make a mean soufflé, I dice, spice, scramble, fry, and make delicious culinary creations that fit my fancy at any time of day.

I bake, and cook just about anything and everything.

For home made creamy mac&cheese, I make a wonderful chicken broth reduction sauce while frying flour in butter to get rid of that bland taste. I fry up some finely diced mushroom and set it aside. I then add salt, garlic, pepper and dill to the flour, milk and the chicken reduction broth to make a simple gravy/white sauce. Into the white sauce I add ny blend of four mexican cheeses to make a really creamy mac&cheese sauce which I add al dente noodles (so the noodles cook and soak up some flavor of the sauce).

May 24, 2011, 10:43 PM
    I make a mean soufflé, I dice, spice, scramble, fry, and make delicious culinary creations that fit my fancy at any time of day.

I bake, and cook just about anything and everything.

For home made creamy mac&cheese, I make a wonderful chicken broth reduction sauce while frying flour in butter to get rid of that bland taste. I fry up some finely diced mushroom and set it aside. I then add salt, garlic, pepper and dill to the flour, milk and the chicken reduction broth to make a simple gravy/white sauce. I add the mushrooms into the sauce, put in my blend of four mexican cheeses to make a really creamy mac&cheese sauce which I add al dente noodles (so the noodles cook and soak up some flavor of the sauce).

And there you have it, an amazing home made gourmet mac&cheese.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2011, 06:25 AM
    I make a mean souffle, I dice, spice, scramble, fry, and make delicious culinary creations that fit my fancy at any time of day.
    That's good that you are comfortable in the kitchen. Who cleans up? And to your mom's satisfaction?

May 25, 2011, 03:54 PM
    I clean up the kitchen, and do the dishes and it's to my mom and dads satisfaction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I regain my parents trust ? [ 22 Answers ]

So I'm 13. I liked this guy. He liked me. We talked everyday in school and we texted each other everyday. He asked me to a movie after about 2 months of this. But he cancelled out an hour before we were supposed to go. He made up a lame excuse as to why he couldn't go. I told my parents everything...

How Can I Regain My Parents' Trust? [ 23 Answers ]

Today, I had to go to my cousin's wedding (which no one wanted to go to) and we were planning on staying for maybe 2 or 3 hours *It started @ 1pm*. Then I had found out about a huge cookout that was going on that night so I really wanted to go. After trying to get my "hammered" mother ready to go...

How Can I Get Back The Trust From My Parents ? [ 2 Answers ]

HeLoo Am New So Am Not Really Sure How All This Works :) The Problem Is I Have Been Really Naughty And BAdly Behaved In The Past For My Parents And I was Just Wondering How I Could Get There Respect Back And Also Trust ? X

How to get parents trust back [ 1 Answers ]

So my parents found out I drink and now pretty much they're treating me like the worst person who ever lived. I understand drinking is against the law if your under 21, and I'm not even going to lie, it's the funnest thing I've ever done. However with things the way they are now, the only thing...

How do I get my parents trust back? [ 7 Answers ]

Well me and my boyfriend had sex, he's 13, and I'm 14 my parents found out and my mom ended my relationship with my boyfriend. My parents do not trust me.. How can I earn their trust back? :confused:

View more questions Search