Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bamacro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2011, 11:37 AM
    Hunter Remote receiver bypass instructions needed.
    I have a Hunter Ceiling fan model 23457 with a remote. The receiver for the remote is model 85112 02. The remote stopped working and I want to bypass the remote and just have the fan run from my wall switch. I would like to have fan in medium down position when I rewire. Can you please tell me which wire goes where to bypass this receiver so the fan and light works? The colors of the wires in the receiver are red/black/white/green/gray/yellow/brown.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 22, 2011, 04:54 PM

Dioes the fan have pull chains? Without pull chains you can wire it to fun but one speed, on full. Skip telling us the receivers colors since we will be disconnecting it. Wires coming into the ceiling box from the wall switch is what we need and wires from the fan that used to go to the receiver

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to locate a remote control receiver for a hunter ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

This is a model # 22787-A, serial#031960. Fan & light control

Hunter ceiling fan rewire, remote and receiver [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have 52'' hunter ceiling fan, model westside. It can only operate by remote (no pulling chains or switch whatsoever). The fan receiver is bad. Hunter company told that the receiver which cost about $40 + shipping. :( Now I just bought another 52'' hunter fan, model Park Hill. It comes...

Hunter Stafford fan, Hunter remote 27157 and two wall switches [ 3 Answers ]

From the ceiling is a tan, a red, a black and a ground that go to two switches on the wall. The fan has a black, a black with white, a ground and a white. The remote has a black, a red, two whites and a black with white stripe. Which do you connect to which? Thanks.

Hunter Fan Receiver [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hunter fan with a remote that is a discontinued model. The light only stays on for awhile and then shuts off but the Fan works fine. The Hunter help line said that the receiver was probably bad but no replacement is available but could sell me a new fan at a steep discount. Why can't I buy...

View more questions Search