Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lynn35 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Misinformed or just another quoted?
    Why do some training schools say one thing, just to get you signed up for their school?
    I recently just sign my papers to start at a well known institute or training school I should say. I knew I could only graduate with a diploma in the field I was taking, for it wasn't a degree program therfore, I was excited about cont my education once graduated, to another college/unn to get my degree. I realized that I didn't ask if the school was accrediate, or whether my credits can be transferred to a college. I called , was told, "yes" accrediated, and yes it would transfer". Then found out later from another rep,that it would not transfer, Why why why?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2007, 07:08 PM
    The answer is money, money, money AND lack of morals, morals, morals.
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Apr 2, 2007, 04:09 PM
    They might be accredited, but the question is by whom? A lot of those types of places create their own accreditations. Other schools won't accept something that isn't accredited by a "real" accreditation place.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Many "schools" create a acrediation agency just to acrediate them, or they use one of 100's of acrediation groups that have no standing.
    ( basically the accreditation places are not accredated) In the US it is to see if they are approved by the US Dept of Education and one of the groups oked by them to accrediate.

Most likley about 9.5 out of 10 are not, many are honest about it but some double talk and try to make it appear they are not,

And they do it for the money, and prey on others with greed.
    Universal Truth Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 2, 2007, 08:45 PM
    So many times I've heard this one. I feel your pain, but can't help but point and laugh at you, much like I did to my brother when he graduated from his tech school and said he wanted to go to college.

The US is a messed up country. We, as a country, have been classically conditioned to take advantage of everyone else. The best part is that we have so many frivilous lawsuits and complainers that we have also taught people it is OK to be stupid. We reward stupidity with money. I'm betting you could sue the school, get more than your money back, take said money, create your own school and accrediting agency and perpetuate the cycle. It's the american way my friend. We don't fix anything, we just make it profitable for us.

I suggest, as I always tell everyone- get it in writing next time
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Apr 3, 2007, 04:58 AM
    Actually you won't be able to sue the school. Trust me, I've worked for one. If you could they would have gone done the tubes a long time ago. I will say that some of those credits you take can transfer... to another school just like theirs. Training schools are there to teach you a trade and so that is your main focus. You aren't their for academics so the classes you take that are gen ed aren't meant to be hard. Other schools know that and won't accept them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search