Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loveable Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2011, 09:16 AM
    Is this some mental illness?
    I have been hanging with this guy and 8 months ago we decided to go to the beach but when he got there he said that I frustrated him and didn't want to swim. I didn't really worry about that but now he is doing it frequently, like we go shopping and when we arrive at the mall he says he is going to go home as I frustrated him (like I arrive 5 minutes late because of the traffic and he says you frustrated me now I am going home I don't want to shop) Is this some mental illnes? Because he is confusing me and I don't know what has been going on with him
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2011, 11:39 AM

I don't know if it's a mental illness, or some sort of phobia, or just emotional game playing, but it's not something you should put up with.

Ultimately, we are responsible for our own emotions. Anyone who blames you for their emotions is not someone you can have a good balanced relationship with.

If he gets to the beach and decides he doesn't want to swim, that's fine. If he gets to the beach and decides it's your fault he doesn't want to swim, that's not.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2011, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by loveable View Post
    I have been hanging with this guy and 8 months ago we decided to go to the beach but when he got there he said that I frustrated him and didn't want to swim. I didn't really worry about that but now he is doing it frequently, like we go shopping and when we arrive at the mall he says he is going to go home as I frustrated him (like I arrive 5 minutes late because of the traffic and he says you frustrated me now I am going home I don't want to shop) Is this some mental illnes? Because he is confusing me and I don't know what has been going on with him
    Not in the psychiatric volumes. Might want to check standard dictionary under "brat"
    killerwhales22 Posts: 52, Reputation: -3

May 24, 2011, 03:54 PM
    Is there something else going on? Like have you to got in any frequent fights?What about work issues? Family issues? Any of those could be the cause.
    loveable Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2011, 02:00 PM
    Yes we are fighting frequently but he always did this, from the beginning of the relationship

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a mental illness? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok I'm 13 and know that there has to be something wrong with me cause I'm obsessed with girls and their parts and I masturbate about 6 times a week.. . Now that I have that off my chest, I need to know is this some kind of stage or am I just a sick and twisted person? Is this normal? Am I strange?...

Mental illness [ 6 Answers ]

How do u help someone that dose not think there is anything wrong with them?? Everyone in our family thinks he`ll just get better... but it`s just getting worse!! I use to be the only one my brother trusted, but now he won't even talk to me:( ///I love him and would never be able to forgive myself...

Mental illness [ 12 Answers ]

Are there any government programs that will train the mentally ill for employment? Thanks, L.E.

Mental illness vs physical illness [ 6 Answers ]

I need advise on what to do about my older sister. She is 57 years old and has spent most of her adult life in and out of hospitals. Although she does have some real medical problems she constantly complains about her health. She is fairly dependent on pain medications although she denies...

Do I have mental illness [ 6 Answers ]

Do I have mental illness?I can't control my anger always.. I easily get mad and want to turned something to a big fight always.. How do I deal with my anger management problem?is there any medication for this?

View more questions Search