Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rivqah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2011, 09:47 AM
    Post break-up depression?
    So the story goes like this...

On Christmas Day my boyfriend Jon and I split up; we had been having issues for ages due to him leaving the country to go to Uni... I guess I couldn't handle the thought of him leaving. We had been together for almost 2 years and planning to get engaged, but I broke down on Christmas Day after he repeatedly asked me what was wrong. I lied and told him I didn't have feelings anymore (they were diminished somewhat, but I still felt for him), but I think it was actually because I didn't want to lose him.

For a few months it was fine; I enjoyed my new-found independence, and even though it was tough, I always managed to see the bright side of things. Then in mid-march I was driving by his place of work when I got a glimpse of him... and every since the it's like this giant cloud has been over me. I cry constantly about how cruel it was of my to leave him on Christmas and without warning, and about how weak I was that I couldn't deal with it. I've been contemplating suicide even, just to stop feeling like this. I thought it would pass with time, but it hasn't.

The last time I broke down about it with my family, everyone was shocked that I still felt so bad and told me I 'should be over him by now'. I've had previous boyfriends and break-ups, but never ever anything like this.

Sometimes I think that he wasn't always very understanding; he used to complain when I wouldn't let him hug or cuddle me (I had been molested at 4 and raped at 16), but in my heart of hearts I want him back, stupidly. I don't know what to do anymore.

Sorry this is so long... guess I couldn't stop :/

Rebecca xx
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2011, 09:54 AM

Why are YOU crying? HE should be the one crying -- and is not.

It's time to move forward. Didn't you mention something in another thread about seeking counseling?
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

May 20, 2011, 12:01 PM
    Perhaps sit down and talk to him, go out for lunch and explain things. Tie up any loose ends and it may help get rid of the guilt of dumping him on Christmas Day. Sit and listen to each other but do not get back with him unless you feel you made a huge mistake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did my girlfriend break up with me due to her depression? [ 6 Answers ]

My girlfriend had been acting quite different the last week before she broke up with me. Her texting was irregular: she would be very slow with replies, and sometimes I would not get a reply at all. She would not be very affectionate at all, though it was on and off. She was going through some very...

Depression +Valentine Day + ANNIVERSARY= Break/up [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I don't know where to start. I going through a big depression ,And my boyfriend is like a friend who tries to be there for me all the time. And my biggest issue in my life and he said he loved me, now I feel like I really reach a deep depression and on our 2 month being together ANNIVERSARY...

View more questions Search