Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottandilse Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2011, 09:45 PM
    Wanting to start a small business doing landscaping and lawn care. Need equipment
    Wanting to start a new business doing lawn and landscaping. Need truck and equipment and tools
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 18, 2011, 10:12 PM

In order for the experts on this site to help you find the grants you're looking for, we'll need to know your general area.

Have you checked into getting a small business loan?
    scottandilse Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2011, 06:24 AM
    Because of poor jugement and bad credit I,am unable to get a small loan that is why I need help in retaining a business grant... can anybody help in this matter
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 19, 2011, 02:52 PM

Again, we need your general area in order to give you the info you request. Without knowing where you're located, we cannot help.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 19, 2011, 02:55 PM

Hello scott:

IF there were business grants, your bad credit would put the kaybash on those anyway.. But, the good news is, there AREN'T grants for business... Nobody wants to LOSE money, and that's what you sound like you're looking for...

However, there ARE people who want to MAKE money and would be willing to invest in you. But, that's a different proposition...

If you'd like to pursue THAT avenue, I can help.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2011, 07:51 PM

Yes, all of those 1000's of ads you see where the government wants to give away milliions, is just lies to get you to buy programs and books.

If you were a business and had a business plan to hire 100 peeople, you may get grants for part of the investment,

You may get tax breaks for moving a business into a depressed part of a city. ( like a store)

You can get grants for things like the arts, if you provide services to some protected level of people,

You may get grants if you have a non profit program that needs assistance.

Some areas like solar power, or wind power can get grants.

You are not getting a grant to buy equipment, so you buy a old junker equipment and start small and start doing more and more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice on how start dj rental equipment business [ 1 Answers ]

I need some good advice on how to start and run a successful dj rental business , I have the money and know how to hook up maintain and operate the dj system but just don't have the experience in running this type of business... A

Wanting to start a small business [ 2 Answers ]

How does one go about starting their own business?I have been w Nting to start my own business selling fragrance oils,and candles.how would I go about making that first step?thank you.

Lawn Care Business [ 2 Answers ]

Do we need to be licensed to do lawn care in central Nebraska we are insured. Ord NE, Loup City NE North Loup Scotia NE

Starting a small landscaping business [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know if I need insurance to start a small landscaping business

View more questions Search