Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hazelnyc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2011, 06:16 PM
    Percentage of Church budget for Pastor (5013C)
    We are trying to balance our budget for the remainder of this year.
    Are there websites/links that detail how much of a budget should be set aside for Pastoral services.
    Also, are there any web/sites or links that give statistics on what most churches are currently spending on the Pastor.

Right now, our Pastor's cost is 35% of the total budget. This includes all salary, benefits, houseing, everything. Is this considered too much?
    Membership < 125 (attendance on Sundays).

I appreciate the input!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2011, 06:38 PM

There is no "percentage" a pastor does not get paid by a percent of the "take" They are paid by size of the church, number of people that come and often in some denominations the region or national church has to help pay or cover costs.

It is not uncommon for a Pastor to be paid in the mid 30 to 40 K plus lower if home and all housing is paid

Large mega church pastors can make in the high 100's of thousands with limos and more.

So instead of percent, what is the amount of salary, if your church tithes well, a church of 125 people. Paying 35 percent would be paying a pastor well over 100 K a year.
    If the people don't donate well or they are all welfare families, the pastor may have to work for free and hold a outside job

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5013c documents for disclosure [ 4 Answers ]

Our treasurer keeps all of the church financials on her home computer. Recently, a trustee/board member asked for a category report and chart of codes account. The treasurer refused to disclose the financial information. There has not been a proper financial review in 2 years. Legally, is she...

Church/Pastor Tax Information [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I attend a small church (50 or so members.) OUr pastor does not receive a W2. He has always claimed using a Schedule C. He has found out that by doing this, he is not getting the standard deduction credit nor is he getting credit for the 4 dependents he has. We want to have him listed as an...

Budget Percentage Costs That Might Be Incurred By a Small Restaurant [ 1 Answers ]

I am taking over an established a 50.s style diner that the owner is retiring from, I would like to know the budget percentages for costs related to this type of small restaurant

View more questions Search