Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Balraj Singh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2011, 04:03 PM
    Is it a scam
    Respected Sir/Madam,

I am very conscious about anything who offers me a job because I am recently victim of a scam and once on this time I got a mail from "Technical department" ([email protected]) on Wed, 18/5/2011 at 19:55:25 and I want to confirm that is this a scam or genuine. The email I got as follows...

Hello,

We would like to inform you that we work intensively about your application for working abroad and we expect to achieve a successful result.
    This is to inform you that in your case you need to pass a particular stage which is very important. You are invited to go through an examination (we will call it an interview) which will be conducted online. After a couple of days (it is even possible during the interview), there will be a final answer regarding the development of your application at this stage.
    If you decide to take the interview from your computer you should have a microphone and speakers (or a headset). You should have YAHOO-messenger program installed, which will allow the conducting of the conversation.
    If you decide to take the interview from an internet café, you should make certain that the café is quiet and the atmosphere will allow the conduct of a comfortable conversation.
    Email us the following information (let the subject be: “INTERVIEW”):
    - please, state a time which is convenient for you within today or tomorrow.
    - write us the YAHOO-messenger account to which the interviewer should contact you.
    - in case you are not able to attend the interview , for one reason or another, please, let us know. Then we can discuss your case with the interviewer in order to find another suitable form of your skills verification.
    Upon receipt of your letter, we will specify the exact date and time with the interviewer, considering the information you have provided and will confirm.
    If you cannot take an on-line interview, please, notify us.

NOTE: Please, add our e-mail to your address book. This way our messages will reach your inbox for sure.

Sincerely,
    Technical Department
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 18, 2011, 04:06 PM

It's a scam. You NEVER, EVER get unsolicited job offers via email from other countries that are real. And a real company never interviews you online. They are after personal information to commit identity theft.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 18, 2011, 04:11 PM

Scam
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2011, 07:12 PM

Unless you already applied to these people, it is a scam, you do not just get job offers from people you don't know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Campbell, Cohen (Attorneys at Law) is scam or not scam? [ 7 Answers ]

If anyone can tell my please answer me

Yes it is a scam [ 4 Answers ]

2 white dudes caught me on rockaway blvd in queens Olin ross r a scam

Could this be a scam? [ 2 Answers ]

Im usually pretty good at recognizing a scam, but can this be a scam or no? Notice they want to use Paypal, how secure is paypal and such? Many thanks for the message.I may not be able to come and pick the item up by myself and pay in cash,because am not in state presently to complete this...

Scam? [ 2 Answers ]

I was contacted by National Small Business Alliance today and made the big mistake of thinking they were a legitimate business and gave them my bank information. Granted they said it was for a $1.00 charge today and then in 30 days the monthly fee would be $29.95. I wish I had gone onto the web...

View more questions Search